People from Boise Idaho area wanna ride?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Getting close....

With the 2 loops we can get some lunch in between. A big plus.... :)

JAFChE, No problem I can pick you up. Just email me your address.

So who's in who's out? Sir T? dirtbikedad?

9:00 works for me!

Last edited:

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
It's not looking too good for me at this point for Saturday. I may be able to make one loop but I need to pass it by the bosslady.
Jeff - one of my riding buddies lives in Eagle and he really wants to go so he may be able pick you up. I'll keep you posted.....

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Eric,

One loop may be all my knee can take, but I'm going to see what happens! Any chance your friend's name is Perry and he rides a WR400? If so, he lives 5 houses down from me. I just met Perry last week and we've already discussed doing a ride soon.

Jeff

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Jeff -
Nope... my buddies name is Skip and he lives up off Floating Feather. He rides a 92 YZ250 that we call "Frankenbike" (It's old but it is fast!). He used to drive a logging truck in ID City so he knows the Thorne Creek side pretty well. He is good at knowing where the trails go... which makes him a very valuable riding partner. :D

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Dah, Try and get a kitchen pass for what you can. One loop is better than none. Lets get these other fellars invited. Perry and Skip...

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Im going to ask my neighbor if he wants to go. He wasnt interested in the 60 mile loop, no way a stock CR250 can make that.

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
Thanks for the invite all.
I'm not sure I can commit yet. I'm in the Army and we have just been ordered to prepare another bunch of guys for a 6 month camping trip in Bosnia. I may have to work. I'll know Friday.

Jerry

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
The box van is ready to roll....... The weather is looking good for Saturday.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
JAFChE, That will work.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Sorry fellas... I'm going to have to clown out of this one. My buddy Skip can't come either. Lot's o' ride time left this season to get together. Any of you going to Idaho Spodefest in August?

Keep this in mind: If part of your loop leads you to a trailhead with red GasGas plastic still imbedded in the side of the tree, go left. ;)
Have fun!

Eric

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
DahlElama, Thats alright. We will let this one slide. But if you miss another we will start to think you cant even ride a bike and are just some 12 year old kid with a subscription to DIRTBIKE and to much time on his hands. :) We will post a report after and rub it in a little more later.... Actaully its better if you dont go. 1 less person to see me bounce around in the trees. Us desert guys dont like trees.... Oh and those side hills.... Argghhhhh....

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
DahlElama,

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. I know how that goes with little ones around the house, again...I'm glad it's you and not me!! :) I don't miss the diaper days! :eek:

I am planning to attend the Idaho Spodefest in August. Should be fun. Hopefully we'll see you before then.

Contrary to 380's comments, THIS particular spode likes the trees. I'm not a desert whoop-dee-doo kind of guy! :moon: :) Give me a set of tight switchbacks, some streams to cross, mountain vistas, and a deer, elk, or bear sighting and I'm a happy camper. ;)

See ya' next time,

Jeff

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
SirT? dirtbikedad? Anyone else from Idaho want to ride?

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
380EXCman,

Just got a PM from SirT. He's on kid-watch tomorrow so he won't be able to join our merry escapade. I'll see you tomorrow morning around 7.

Jeff

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Give me a set of tight switchbacks, some streams to cross, mountain vistas, and a deer, elk, or bear sighting and I'm a happy camper
Amen brotha...

Yup, another time for sure. One suggestion is that you guys pick up a disposable camera and document the innaugural South Idaho DRN spode outing and post the pictures. Quite often we take one. Should be some good Kodak moments of a KTM 380 climing trees! It also facilitates 'rubbing it in' for those of us who didn't go.

Have fun and be safe... but not too safe....
Eric

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Eric,

We must be careful when using the term "Disposable". I have been known, on occassion, to make very expensive items...say a digital camera, binoculars, or a motorcycle, DISPOSABLE! :eek:

It just depends on the ride, the location, the phase of the moon, whether I changed my...uhh, never mind, I digress! :moon: Could be superstition or something, but If my bike ain't clean when I start, something is goin' to end up broke, even if it is clean there's a better than 50/50 chance repairs will be necessary after completion of said journey! :)

Next time,

Jeff

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
You heard right, I'm stuck at the house... well close to it anyways. The kids are old enough to leave alone for short periods of time, but I might not have a house if I left them for the weekend. Another bummer is there is a practice being held on a new track in Blackfoot that I need to be on tomorrow and that is out too. Oh well, it is not very often that I'm the one at home so I will deal with it this time. :silly:

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
My son and I are planning to attend. Will someone repost the meeting time and place. I think I read Idaho City @ Granite Creek Parking 09:00

Please confirm.

Jerry

JAFChE

Oct 23, 2000
Jerry,

Looking forward to seeing you there. I hope 380 and Dave let me take a nap on the way! It's been a long week! :confused:

Jeff

kemosabecm

Jun 8, 2002
Good afternoon, all you Treasure Valley folks. It snowed most of the day here in Grangeville. I decided to use the day finding out who & what was going on with DRN Idaho members.

Looks like you might make a trip to McCall. It's been a few years since I've been there but you might check out Marshall Mountain and War Eagle in the Warren-Burgdorf area. I'm sure there is still some snow but I'll guarantee you can find switchbacks, stream crossings, & some stunning 360 degree mountain vistas. The best of course is the Salmon River Canyon, 2nd deepest gorge in the US. (Hell's Canyon is deeper!)

If you ever go that direction, I might even tag along. Or lag along as I ride an XR100.

Hope the weather was with you in Idaho City/Boise County.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom