a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks to everyone that showed up to the 2nd monthly Phelon ride on the 22nd. We had 10 guys with bikes a roaring and we all had a great time.

Eel had his normal excursions up the sand hill! He has got to have the biggest heart in the whole group! I could just sit back, crack open a cool drink and watch his careening attempts at the hill. We're looking for another trany for his bike so he can shift into 8th or 9th gear. Just kidding, thanks for coming bro, hope to see you at an ocotillo ride soon.

Jeff, hope that chair didn't fall out of your truck before you delivered it! Thanks for coming out.

Ktmboy, as usual, it was a pleasure to have you along, we'll race the whoop section again next time and maybe one of us will go into the shrubs!

Oldandslo, need we say more, thanks for hanging out with us. The more the merrrier.
And thanks to Jack, I believe, good meeting you and you're more than welcome to join us again when we set up another run.

Elk Jr. and the rest of our little family had a great time, 10 riders on a trail kicks butt! I think we are planning an Elsinore ride here on a Wed, maybe the 3rd of Oct. I'll post it if it's a go. Cya

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
It was a fun but challenging day. I was pretty frustrated on the Husky - I hope it will be a case of one step backward for a few steps forward. I guess the 2-stroke learning curve is one I'll be climbing for a while longer.

Elk - thanks for the fine compliment. After my pathetic attempts at the sand hill I would almost be willing to trade the biggest heart for the biggest displacement ! Nah ..... I'll get the hang of the 125 soon enough.

Everyone rode great - KTMBoy and Jack kicked butt, and OldNSlo pulled one of his classic stealth rides. He hangs in the middle for most of the day. But you realize on the final ride back to camp that everyone's chasing HIM !!! And he's not letting up !

It was fun. I personally think Phelan is rather deceptive. I find it to be quite a challenging place to make time at. Very good practice.

See you guys soon I hope ...

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
As usual, we all had a blast. I got to practice my jumping skills a little before everyone showed up.
The hillclimb was more challenging this time- the sand seemed looser. It's always fun to take the new guys over there, and that old 490 chugged right up. Nice climb!
Bundy, you missed it. We did the poison oak trail, and we saw lots of it, as the leaves are turning very red.I couldn't believe how much of it was growing right next to the trail! Luckily, none of us went off trail in that section.
The other lucky thing was that none of you saw me do my '3rd gear, downhill, over-the bars' thing. My knee still smarts. I think I kicked the bars on the way over. Good thing we were in sand; it cushioned my fall a little.
Oldandslo-more like Oldandsneaky! This guy waits until everyone is good and whipped, and dying of heat-stroke, then proceeds to spank us on the way back to the trucks. I think he's getting the hang of his XR4!
Capt. Jack- it was a pleasure to meet and ride with you. Stick with me and I'll show you all the tricks us old guys use to survive.:confused:
Elk-quite a gang you brought out. I hope they had a good time. How's the YZ?
How's the guy that towed the YZ? (Heard a rumor he was almost cut in half-something about a lasso or something!)
Eel-Whenever you get that Husky dialed, lookout----that bike looks sweet in the single-track!
Jeff-I was disappointed you didn't get to go on the long ride. I'll have to take you on the poison oak trail next time.
Looking forward to Arrowhead soon!:cool:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Sorry I missed this one guys, that old work thing again:( . Arrowhead sounds good. Lets all do a little rain dance, maybe well get lucky.
KTMboy are you serious about seeing alot of poision oak? Ive never really paid much attention, but I will from now on!
Whats the update on Thumbs, new bike?
I sold my 97 YZ -250 that I keep in FLA. Looking for a replacement. I buddy of mine down there is going to check on a 99 WR-400 that he found for me that is supposed to have less than 20 hours for $3400.00. If it works out I will have completly succomed to the dark side.:p

later
mxbundy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You know, the yz490 seems to be just a spark problem for him. I have to admit, I've never seen anything so funny, I about fell off the bike myself! Picture this, dad is towing son, dad is frustrated that the rope gets stuck in the rear tire, dad says tie it around my waist (you can see where this is going), dad says move em out and son follows oh so gingerly, both take a little downhill then uphill, son forgets to keep tension on the rope and suddenly comes to a stop halfway up the hill, are you with me? Dad gives gas to make the hill not seeing son stopeed dead, rope tightens, dad is ripped off bike like a calf in a rodeo! Elk laughs his butt off (under the helmet of course)!!! It was a sight to be seen, words really can't describe it.

Oh well, we did have a great time and I look forward to Arrowhead, I hope.

Cya

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Bundy- We honestly stopped along that trail and were noticing that there was a poison oak bush on the edge of that trail at least every ten feet in the wash area, not to mention all the bushes that were off trail. :scream:

Top Bottom