ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
anyone listen to the races last night?? ..........................................................................

JS stopped for a sample in the first turn , battled from last to 3rd. AWESOME he was in the interview afterward and really showed how much he has changed. i believe he will be battling for the best position he can get whether its 1st or 5th on a regular basis. he repeated that a championship cant be won in one race but it can be lost in one :nod: way to go JS :nod:

CR took over from MC then bobbled while RC was on his tail ,got second, and will be there when its time to capitalize. look out for him he's only 1 point behind

RC finally got his day, you could hear him through the announcers mic a little bit. it sounded as though he was so ecstatic for the win he collapsed to his knees and was about to cry and said "yes, yes, sweet mother @#$@# " :laugh: apparently he wanted this one

pretty cool , MC', i mean, part time got the holeshot and led the way for a bit, ended up 4th with a fast lap approx. 2 seconds slower than the current phenoms, all on a subpar 2t ;) which took holeshots on 5 occasions.
MC said after the race in an excited voice "i feel like i won, I'M GONNA RIDE MY BIKE FOREVER" :aj:

VIDEO ON SPEED TODAY 4PM WEST COAST 6PM EAST

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Was a great race to listen to!
We've been begging for good racing, looks like we finally are getting it.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
OH , i forgot to mention that Villopoopoo, i think he got 2nd? after a getoff? memory is getting to me but he is one to look out for

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I believe Villipoto got 4th after tangling with short for the lead and dropping back to 9th or so. This kid is gonna be great. I've been hearing for the last couple of years how mature he is on the track and that certainly seems to be the case. He goes for points and doesn't throw away good finishes trying to keep up with guys who are obviously faster on any given day. (and there aren't that many) Watching him ride he looks spectacular (reminds me of Bubba), and his head is where most guy's are after 3 or 4 years experience. I really think this kid has a future as bright as anyone in a long time.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
funktree said:
wouldn't it be 3 pm west coast if it's 6 on east?
not necessarily, however i could be wrong on the times, if i am so are the announcers fron last night

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Excellent Race. It is good to see Carmichael pull this one off, I think it will help his confidence alot which will ensure a close battle all season long. Reed looked good as well. If not for his bobble Carmichael may have had a little more trouble getting up to him and passing him. Excellent job by Stewart slicing his way through the pack all the way up to third, he is amazing. I would love to see Reed pull off the win next weekend in A2 that would be the best season start ever.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Dear Jeremy,

PLEASE get a 450.

Your pal,

Vic

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
leave part time alone he is our token 2t guy, his fossilized arse poses no threat to the fart strokes :boss:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
If CR hadn't come to a complete stop when he threw sideways there trying to stay ahead of RC he might have won it.. As it is I still find it hard to believe he managed to not crash and lose the lead right then.

great race, good to see both CR and RC pick up the pace a little, but JS going from dead (as in dead engine) last to 3rd was very impressive. It looked like he slowed a little the last 5 laps. It sure looks like any race JS gets a good start will be his.

HOT C

Dec 25, 2005
Okiewan said:
Was a great race to listen to!
We've been begging for good racing, looks like we finally are getting it.
All credit should go to MC, Honda might be looking at a possible replacement candidate for K Windahm.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
HiG4s said:
great race, good to see both CR and RC pick up the pace a little, but JS going from dead (as in dead engine) last to 3rd was very impressive. It looked like he slowed a little the last 5 laps. It sure looks like any race JS gets a good start will be his.
I agree! It was impressive to see JS close the gap like that. To see him slow down in the last 5 showed me that he has matured. He settled for a safe 3rd instead of pushing to hard and hurting himself. To maintain composure after that start and get down to business instead of panicking and getting sloppy was another sign of maturity.

I like RC, CR, and JS, but I think the season will go to JS if he stays healthy. CR doesn't seem to have enough gas to stay fast through the entire 20 laps, but will be there to capitalize on any mistake made in front of him. RC is definitely strong but doesn't seem to be able to close the gap after a bad start like JS can. If it were RC that started from dead last I think there would be a pretty good point spread instead of a tie. JS is fit, fluid, and FAST! That is a deadly combination. It's going to be a great season and I have TiVO now!

Oh yeah! Long Live MC! It was great to see him in front again. I could almost see him grinning through his helmet. :boss:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
rodH said:
Do you think he would be any faster on a 4t? (after spending 57 years on a 2?)

:nod:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Great race! After listening to it Saturday night, and while riding on Sunday, I had to call Comcast to get Speed channel at the house. ;)

Man - MC with the holeshot and nacnac on the first triple. I CAN NOT believe the Speed camera guys didn't have a camera on the leader. That's just unbelievable - WTF! Hopefully some photogs got a photo. Awesome. Plus MC held down second for a good 9-10 laps, and didn't fade one bit, considering the deep the 4th-11th place field of the SX class.... full of factory guys who have all been on the podium over the past few years (Larocco, Fonseca, Vuillemin, Tedesco, Preston, Wey, Byrne). Very cool!!!

CR saving it in that turn - WOW! That shows you how awesome these guys are on the bike. And I think, if it wasn't for that (when his lead went from 7 seconds to 2), it woulda been a battle to the wire with him and RC, with the person to make the least mistakes to win.

Bubba's ride from way last to third was impressive, but his lap times were no faster or more consistent that RC or CR. But of course, Bubba had to weave through the pack the first 10 laps, and I'm sure that took extra energy that the guys out front. But in the last 10 laps, when Bubba was in third, he wasn't making up any time. So had he gotten a decent start, it coulda been a GREAT race. Can you imagine, three guys fighting for first, from start to finish. Man......

I'm looking forward to seeing the Lites race, but I'm very stoked that Villopoto is doing so well. Especially the fact that Alessi used to own Villopoto on the track.... now Ryan in i in a solid third in the standings and in the hunt for the 125 West title, while Alessi is way down there around 9th or 10th. I hope Villopoto keeps it up against all the seasoned veterans (Langston, Ramsey, Short, Laninovich, Metcalfe, Carpenter, Sorby....).

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
Seemed to me that even on the winners box, RC looked kinda like a scared rabbit. The results of each race are no longer a foregone conclusion and it looks as though the winner of each event may be the guy who keeps it on two wheels. If they all stay up, it's pretty much a toss up with maybe a slight edge in favor of JS. Looks to me like the writing's on the wall and it's just a matter of how long Rickey will be willing to put forth the effort to keep his edge.
Outdoors?... we'll see.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I've said it once and will say it again, the past 2 years Reed "seems" to get better as the season goes... maybe last year RC was in title protect mode, but, IMO, skippy seems to build momentum. Which will be great for all of us to keep the series a three headed monster!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom