TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Ahh, sounds like RC is having to make up stories now hey. I can't wait to hear what happened to the bike if he gets beaten next weekend. Maybe he'll get a flat tyre, or his throttle cable will break, or the seat foam was to soft, or his underpants were uncomfortable???? :)

I'm just kidding. I don't doubt it happened. It just makes the championship tighter and more interesting. Can't wait for this weekends race.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
The part of the story that si fishy is "I was impatient with the pace". If the pace was so slow why did he crash? RC is about to be truly tested. He is going to have to battle with CR. And I'm willing to bet CR doesn't hurt himself in any photo shoots mid-season!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Love the tight racing, and I am really impressed with being able to rid that fast with no front break. I really hope it's this close all year. I agree with Philip, I think my admiration for RC is that he's old school I really like determination. With CR I find myself in a situation like Pred with RC, I admire his skill but there is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
Here is the deal, judge all these guys by their actions on the racetrack. Do not pay any attention to their personality or ability to speak on the podium. I'm interested in racing not speaches! The last thing I want to see is Bubba moonwalking after a win and I don't care how funny Travis Preston is. The best riders speak to us through their actions on the racetrack. So far CR is doing most of the talking!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
well, I heard the last race Ricky lost was because he had no back wheel, only one front fork leg, and had to run the throttle by holding the cable in his teeth! And since he was running less weight due to the missing parts, he managed to cut his lap times by ten seconds!

He's amazing, ain't he. ;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
id like to see a picture of his 'torn off in the wash out' brake line

...er, try the original link posted and blow the pic up. No brakeline even there. He is now nearly inhuman in my book. :worship:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
...I just want to add that RC is faster than the majority of the field without brakes.  Maybe the AMA should consider eliminating his brakes for the upcoming nationals. ;) Hell, if that doesn't work, they could bring the chopping block out and Hannah could be forced to amputate a limb or two to make it fair. :laugh:

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by Philip
Maybe I am being a little premature in my judgement of Reed, and it will take some time to see if he's up to the week after week 20 laps conditioning of the 250 class. If he turns fast laps through the whole season a beats the current champ I'll eat my words and say I was wrong. Again maybe I am a little bias because I like good racing just like good football. It kills me to hear people complain about someone not playing fair because they bump a little or rub a little plastic. Racing is not a ballet, its 20 guys on a small track with obstacles all trying to be in the same spot, you have to expect contact and falls. Real racers will get up and give it right back to the guy who gave it to them first. Its like putting on a helmet and getting between the white lines of a football game and telling the other team you can't hit me too hard because it's not fair. If you want to cheer for a sport with no contact go watch chess.

Racing is NOT LIKE FOOTBALL.....Racing is not a contact sport...Contact happens but your protective gear is to protect you from hard falls to the ground, NOT to butt heads with your competitors....You're trying to compare TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SPORTS!!
Racing is about timing, finesse, endurance, strength, speed.....NOT TO SEE IF YOU CAN TAKE ANOTHER GUY OUT.....How much talent does it take to hold it wide open and take some guy out....It takes more talent to ride under control and overtake another rider using skill and a well thought out plan WITHOUT TAKING SOMEONE OUT. I have no problem with a good block pass, but there's no reason to deliberately bump someone to the point to where they may fall...Supercross is already a dangerous sport and we don't need brainless individuals racing on SX thinking it's cool or fun to take someone out....Yes. close action is fun to watch, but it's not cool when you have some guy crossing over into your line over a big triple or pulling other dangerous manuvers...
I watch motocross and supercross because I enjoy seeing talented riders racing each other while navigating the obstacles...What fun is it when two guys start to get into a heated battle and then the other is taken out and then you have NO MORE CLOSE RACING!!

By the way.....RC didn't take Pastrana out

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Marcus--I guess my vision sucks. Or my resolution...I don't see it. :uh:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Oh, there it is. I guess I'm not too familiar with CR brakeline routing....er...uh...yeah, that's it. :o

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
No worries, Marcus. They won't let me near a scalpel. :thumb:

...come to think of it---might be time for them to hide my stethoscope as well. :uh:

Top Bottom