Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
He is up and running/riding/racing. Unfortunately, he freaks out if he does not know where Lou is on the trail. He has been know to pull of the trail, climb a tree and wait until he see orange before he comes back down.

I don't know how he feels but he raced with Big Lou and I last month and stomped our sorry asses to I would say that he is doing pretty darn good. Plus, the bone ain't stickin' out now. It broke off! :scream:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Thunder 33
Plus, the bone ain't stickin' out now. It broke off! :scream:

I guess he lost his toe?

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Wow! How did this thread resurface? Too funny..well updates you want...The dead tissue purged itself off only to expose about a 1/2 inch of exposed bone..it happened to be shattered to the joint and was just kind of handing out in the wind...looked really crazy! Anyway, I was putting on some shorts and it caught inside them and I heard a "crack" sound. I looked down and the bone was bent over, I reached down and it moved so I tugged on it and out it came..right from the socket making a squish sound? It bled for a minute but then the hole just closed over. I notified the ortho doc and was still scheduled for surgery, my wife and I went to the hospital on 11/27 and I got the I.V. going and all..the doc came in and canceled the surgery after looking it over and messing it with it some. So now I'm just waiting on the rebate check from the insurance company for the money I saved them by removing the bone myself..hehe Now it is about 1/2 of a toe w/a little bit of a nail bed..some of the wound is still open and not healed..mind you this happened August 4th..I can work out, ride, shoot basketball..all with a slight limp..but it is tons better than it was...I am thankful and ready to roost! Jason

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
YOu are a super Positive guy! I think everyone out here is wondering how you are dealing with it but you haven't slowed down a bit. Way to go man!:)

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
It has had its moment but not that bad of a deal..I was getting real ancy not being able to ride..I couldn't get my foot stuffed into a boot until sometime in late October..I couldn't ride for long, but I could ride! With such a nagging injury you just try to forget your dealing with it and make things as normal as possible..my riding buds have made every toe joke you can think of and we just make fun of it all of the time. I have fun doing anything except dodging KTM's..hehe Thanks for everyone's reply here, and I always remember it could've been worse and there are people in worse shape than myself...play the cards you are delt and enjoy the ride....

B

biglou

If anyone wants to revisit the originall story of this mishap, the link is in the third post in this thread. Way up there ^!
J-I think this resurfaced because I linked to it in the flame thread about hating to wear boots. I used you as an example saying "Just think what would have happened if we WEREN'T wearing boots and helmets and all the other safety gear."

kawasock me

Dec 21, 2001
BUY BOOTS!!! I can't stress it enough. Yesterday I took a spill and my left foot managed to find it's way between the chain, spokes, and swingarm. The sole of the boot stalled the bike and saved my foot.

Thanks to the boots I didn't feel anything... though I had a heck of a time getting my foot un-stuck.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by kawasock me
BUY BOOTS!!! I can't stress it enough. Yesterday I took a spill and my left foot managed to find it's way between the chain, spokes, and swingarm. The sole of the boot stalled the bike and saved my foot.

Thanks to the boots I didn't feel anything... though I had a heck of a time getting my foot un-stuck.

WOW thats scary.

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
jeeze i thaught this all happened because he DIDN'T wear his boots.i cant even imagine what things would have been like if he had not been wearing them. i should show this to my parents. when i first bought a bike they wouldnt let me buy boots i had to ride in a pair of 15 dollar k-mart waffle sole work boots. they provided no support nor protection (atleast i got to ride) and my parents said you dont need anything more than that, what could possibly happen to you in the WOODS. this is what can happen. i now wear a pair of fox boots and have a pair of axo boots. besides allowing me to not get my feet soaked through water crossings and flooded trails they also give me protection from when your barreling up/down a huge hill and catch your foot on a large rock. anywho im off track. wear your boots kiddies!!

red 450

Oct 27, 2001
Blue Thunder type in "Sour Toe ****tail" on a search site like google or yahoo and see what comes up. There is a bar in Dawson City Yukon that has a drink called the Sour Toe ****tail. They give you a shot glass that has a old toe sitting in it and you have to throw it back and let the toe touch your lips. I believe that their supply of toes comes mainly from industrial accidents and amputations caused from frost bite. Can you imagine a genuine motocross toe, it would be a huge crowd pleaser. Motorcyclists from around the world who travel the Alaska Highway and take the side trip to the Klondike goldfields would belly up to the bar to get a look at your famous toe. I would bet that no other toe in history has had the international exposure that your poor digit has recieved. If it's got to come off this is what should happen to it.The Blue Thunder Sour Toe ****tail

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Hey Red..I'll be staying away from that drink..if you could've seen this toe up close, you would quickly realize you wouldn't want to be having a drink with it floating around inside it. LOL It now looks somewhat like a toe..shortented mind you, but the color is normal and all. Rode a bud's 2stroke this weekend while we were out and the vibrations just go straight to the toe..glad I ride a thumper!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I guess you still have some healing to do...

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Not much healing left..there is no more open wound but just a big scabbed over area, there is a partial nail bed even. I wear regular shoes again and don't really limp noticeably. I don't think there is much more that can change, there is occasional soreness and it really hurts to kick a chair or something in the middle of the night. Thanks for keeping this thread alive..it is weird how fast time passes..at the time it felt like this wound would never heal..now I'm back to riding and having fun. I do feel like I left some of my faster pace behind but it is tough to overcome being timid at a riding area w/riders going any direction..as long as I don't have to look at BigLou's number plate in the same fashion I will be fine!!;)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Sounds like you did a little nerve damage in your toe. When I broke my ankle, I also screwed up a nerve. The nerve controlled sensation on the top of my big toe and inbetween it and the next toe. The problem was not that I couldn't feel anything, but what I did feel. It felt like someone was pointing a HOT blow torch on my skin. It even when cold to the touch from ice, felt like it was on FIRE!!! That little problem still comes up (3 years later) very rarely and much more mildly. I was told that I jusr aggravated the nerve. It has since calmed down. I think your 2-stroke buzzing problem will also go away in time.

MikeT

Top Bottom