1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Picked up this sweet 07' race bike from a kid down the street who never rode it, too much bike for him. It's got a FMF gold series exhaust, racetech suspension, v force reeds, works connection skidplate/rad supports, AFAM sprockets, gold excel rims, twin air filter, hinson racing clutch, jet kit, and he said it's bored out (I will have to mic up the piston). I'm so pumped to go riding this weekend and show off my new bike, theres not many people left riding two strokes around here! :cool:

l_69b54ac859c848d4b77bdc294931a676.jpg

l_adaf4dbcbe834addb2c0885d564771fc.jpg

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
I've got to ride it around a few trails here, and its deff faster than my 98' was! It's been really dry in FL, and its hard to hook in the sugar sand... We just got alot of rain though, so I cant wait to try it out tomorrow. I took it for a ride around the block, and it spins tire on pavement in 4th gear no joke! I've been spending the past few days doing little things like detailing it, changing the oil, cleaning the filter etc. I want to change the front fork oil, is that something easy to do? So far the suspension feels amazing compared to my old harsh rm i had! It's even got a 2 sets of red plastics to change the look, I've yet to try them on. Everyone here rides 4 wheelers mostly, and its funny how people thing their raptors etc are faster than a 250cc bike. I cant wait to race some, and hopefully even kick some 450cc thumper azz! :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I had an 02 and that thing was FAST if you could get to hook up. Usually just threw big rocks really hard at people following you.

Bluesmoke250

Apr 10, 2009
Were do you ride in port charlotte i live in brooksville and am tired of rideing at croom I go almost evey day? I would love to go some place differant.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
I ride out at yorkshire loop and titty lake. Just do a google earth search of yorkshire st in north port, and look at all the open land the other side of 75. They used to crack down on people out there, but the FWC i ran into said as long as we respect the area it is cool. :cool:

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
okay so i really got to ride it today, the front right fork seal is deff blown. By the end of the day riding, the front forks were much stiffer... No more riding until I get that fixed. I also noticed that the clutch cable where it connects to the lever is half frayed off and needs to be replaced. Wheres the cheapest/best place to get these parts? I've never replaced a cable before or done a fork seal, hopefully it wont be too much work. Also the bike seams to "load up" at low rpms, but cleans up real quick at mid revs etc. I pretty much fouled out a plug after riding trails all day, but i did mix the oil 32:1.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
yeah they are all mostly cool with it now, i guess the head one rides out there himself... there was about 40 atvs out friday night!

Top Bottom