Pics of the XT500 and XT550 - someone asked a LONG time ago...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Somebody asked me to post some pics of the XT500 I picked up last winter and I never got a "ROUND TUIT". Well, I was working in the garage today and found one (a "round tuit") so I thought I would post up some pics.. The first couple are of the early model XT500 twin shock (dirty cause I get to ride what I sell before I sell it). This model is the two valve model with the little window on the camshaft cover to help those riders who cant actually feel the cam go between lobes with the kicker... The last one is of an 82 XT550 that I just picked up - it is a mono shocker with the four valve motor. Hope these pics suffice for whoever it was that asked back then....
WOODSY :ride:

Attachments

• nxt.JPG
    nxt.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 255
  • nxt1.JPG
    nxt1.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 229
  • nxt2.JPG
    nxt2.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 230

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Scott - I think it was me, as well as Meterman that asked. (he is working on a Yami 500 project bike)

Those sure are nice looking though!

I am wrapping up what will hopefully be the last of the old bikes I have to thin out of the garage. I have found I just dont have the time or interest for them any more - so these will soon be sold. One is a 1970 Honda CL100 - only 1300 miles - still has nubs on the tires! A few odds ands to wrap up and it goes up for sale. The other is a 76 Suzuki GT380 - 2 smoke triple. Talk about some horrbily gummed up carbs on that bike. Hard to see either go (as it was with my last RM370), but they gotta go per da boss lady. Project bikes can suck up to much time.

Eventually an old Penton will find its way to my garage to stay though...one of these days! I wont mind the time investment when it is a bike I would actually get out and ride more.

Jake 76

Sep 17, 2004
Nice XT500! My Dad has a 79 that he taught my brother and myself to ride on years ago. It's in pretty good shape, but not quite as good as yours.

Top Bottom