Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If the ignition is functioning properly, the engine is up to temperature and the plug looks like this, there is way too much fuel. Whether it's jetting, or float level I can't say.

I can tell you this. You can't hurt the engine making the pilot jet or needle too lean while testing at moderate loads. Forget about the main jet, you could take it completely out and you'd barely notice at part throttle. Sort out the Pilot and the needle.

Nov 8, 2010
Rich Rohrich said:
If the ignition is functioning properly, the engine is up to temperature and the plug looks like this, there is way too much fuel. Whether it's jetting, or float level I can't say.

I can tell you this. You can't hurt the engine making the pilot jet or needle too lean while testing at moderate loads. Forget about the main jet, you could take it completely out and you'd barely notice at part throttle. Sort out the Pilot and the needle.

cheers hearing that sorta brings my confidence up im slowly geting beter at working out what changes to make and reading what goings on. i shall try a pilot 1 down and see if things improve. are there any links on seting float height? tips or tricks?

Nov 8, 2010
okay so float height is set and i put 1 jet down so 52 out 50 in and bike runs much beter im going to try get a pic of the plug later tonight it feels so much beter in the bottom end now with the seal and timing chnage.

now should air screw adjustment be really sensitive? casue mine aint really wound all the way in and then a fair way out it does.

also on idle idle starts off sweet then starts to climb reaches a certain point and stays there way to high, blip throttle back down and climb again. ive got this funny feeling pilot is now to small?

Last edited:

Nov 8, 2010
so bikes been banging along nicely for a while now just thought id say thnaks 2 thoose who helped me out massivley gratefull. looking foward to its next rebuild now cause i know what 2 do to get the most oughta it

Top Bottom