lpracing77

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
I will second the E-Line guard. It may be a bit expensive but it is really tough and will save your pipe over and over, saving costly repairs and new pipes. Go for it and forget it.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
That's a cool idea!!! Here's what I did!!! Go to your local home improvement store or hardware store and get a 12" x 24" aluminum tread plate and 4 u-bolts. Cut a hole for the oil drain and u-bolt the plate under the bike. You'll have about an extra 3" in front to bend up in front of the pipe. To reduce vibration, connect a strap from the front to the frame. You'll need to cut out a little for the shifter too. You can either use a jig saw or just grind it. This protects the pipe and the engine from rocks kicking up from the front wheel. I smile every time I hear a "Ting" on the plate while I'm riding, knowing that could have been a nick in my pipe or engine case!!! Total cost: $20 for the aluminum tread plate and $5 for the u-bolts. It took me about 3 hours to do a really nice job, sanding and rounding all the edges. Have fun!!!

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Greenhornet, Sorry. I don't have a digital camera or even enough RAM on my computer to run software for one. I'm definitely in need of an upgrade!!! Anyway, I can tell you it's very shiny aluminum with the tread pattern like on running boards. Looks nice IMO!!! It comes in 1/16" or 1/8" thickness. I used the 1/16" because it was easier to bend but still strong enough to deflect rocks. Very light weight too!!!

Top Bottom