mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I have a FMF woods pipe showing up in a few days. Should I get a pipe guard? Which brands fit and work the best for you guys?

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
E-Line is the best I think. Your pipe will crack before the guard gives way.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
FRP has guards for both the -35, -30... and the PC pipe. They are fiberglass, not carbon. Something like $55 or so.

A 'made to fit' guard I'd think better than a one-size fits all.

imo and all that. I don't have a guard. Am thinking that the next time I have pacific crest take the dents out of my -30, I'll have a guard waiting for it at home.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by tedkxkdx
E-Line is the best I think. Your pipe will crack before the guard gives way.

I agree.

My pipe dents up top now from hitting the radiator instead of collapsing the headpipe whilst casing jumps. Seems like not casing jumps would solve a whole lot of problems :think:

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
frp has the fiberglass guards for the fmf pipes. cheap insurance compared to pipe cost. what i have found so far tho is take it off and clean beneath it after a muddy ride. dont want to keep that little bit of mud in there if u can help it. your pipe will love u for it. its easy to put on and take off. oh and if u get one u will smell it on the first ride. dont worry about it.

slyder

Jul 29, 2003
i have a moose guard on my fmf pipe. it is a one size fits all, but 15 minutes with a hammer and a bench corner it looks like it was made for it. i think it was 20 or 30 bucks.

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
I've also have the Moose Guard on the KDX. Best Twenty dollar bill I spent on this bike. The Maier guard is cheap in comparison & the Carbon fiber are just to expensive for my taste. I took an extra 1/2 hour & polished it so it looks like chrome. http://community.webshots.com/user/250rdude101 for a few pics. :)

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
well, I went ahead and plunked down for the e-line. It is high, but seems to be top notch. I found a place called mxdeals.com that sells it @ $103 + free S&H.

Top Bottom