SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
What is the standard piston to cylender clearence on a 2 stroke, air cooled, 125
It is a 56 MM bore, but it has been bored over .40 with a cast iron sleeve....
i have .002 piston to cylender clearence now, It has had a problem with seizing once, the engine did not lock solid , and i dident even know that it tryed to seize untill i pulled the engine apart.
I beleve the reason for the seizing was, i was having a problem with junk in the gas plugging up the carb, but i was riding it to try to diagnose the problem and i think it was low on oil due to the lean condition(the oil injector has been disabled and i run 32:1 premix), also it was about 45 degreese out side.

Ive probley only got maybe 3 hours on this top end (new piston,rings,and cylender... but with this bike its easy as beans just to pull off the cylender to see how everything is doing.. well i cleaned up the seize, i got the high spots off the piston, got the piston cleaned up really nice, and i used a little big of muratic acid and scotchbrite on the cylender and i will be honing it, but i wanna know if i should open it up another half thou or more.

by the way it is a 1979 kawasaki KE 125 With 1978 KE 125 piston, and cylender.

Thanks

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom