IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
O-K, got over to the shop today and got the oil seals ordered(I had all the gaskets on hand) and cleaned up the motor and drained the oil. I need to replace the connecting rod, lower bering and sleave around the crank. My shop uses Falicon Cranks(<>-----<<<<Click There) to do that type of work. Are there any others that I could try to look into?

While I have the cases apart I am going to take a real close look at the tranny and clutch, I have the new EBC HD plates and springs on hand and since it just started bogging in the start(Taking off) I belive my steel plates are fine but won't know untill I pull it. The question is if the basket is notched where can I find a good replacement that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg?

This is going to be over the long term and I am debateing over wheather or not to get the cylender polished and ported, I could just hone out the cylender but I doubt that it would lift all the depsits from my cylender wall. Here is the question, if I go with Eric's big-bore kit probably out to a 144, what am I going to have to do with the bottom end? Primarilly I am worried about the connecting rod and balance to the crank.

Thank you in advance,

Last edited:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
If you are going to send Eric the cylinder and head ,why not send him the crank? I would strongly suggest that if you are getting any top end work done that recquires bottom end adjustments that you send the whole kit -n-kaboodle to the same place.If balancing is an issue whoever is balancing the crank is going to need the complete piston assembly anyway. As for what needs to be done to the bottom end I couldn't tell you but I am sure a phone call to his shop would give any answers for the best way for you to afford what you want

Plus the advantages of sending off one box to one place, writing one check and the the uephoric feeling of all coming back in one box for assembly. Just think how much it would agonize to get your top end back and not have the bottom to put back together

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
jmics19067

thanks for the input, i never made it back to edit my post. i did some digging last night and found out Falicon no longer does small singles anymore. Thespecialize in the inline fours. I probably will be sending the crank and cylender to Eric.

Thanks again,

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
If the chatter marks on the outer basket aren't too deep, you can file them down. I just did that on my 97 RM125 but haven't put it back together yet. I broke a peice off the inner basket cos I'm too cheap to get a damn basket holder >:(

I got that info from Eric's book, BTW

Top Bottom