duzmor

Jul 7, 2005
Hi Guys: What is the best Piston and Gasket set to go with (MFG) when doing a top end on a Suzuki RM 125 (Stock) :ride:

Thanks
Duz

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
post some preferable qualities and the type of riding you do and maybe your maintenance habits and goals and somebody may have some opinions

for racing and high maintenance go with the single ring vertex
riding trails with a slack maintenance go with stock
for a mix of both go with the double ring vertex or wiseco

cometic gasket set for any

just my opinion :cool:

duzmor

Jul 7, 2005
My son Mike (13) just goes off road But he Likes to go Fast !! We would like a piston to last and have no problems with the top end :ride:

Thanks
Duz
Bruce

flyinzuki

Jan 27, 2001
I like Wiseco's.
641MO5400
'89-'99 RM125

As a matter of fact, I have one here that I can't use because the motor needs a replate and we are going to go 2mm over.

This was not due to piston failure, the water pump was smashed by a rock and the rider didn't realize he blew all of the coolant out as he made his "fifth gear tapped" pass down a dirt road :coocoo:

duzmor

Jul 7, 2005
flyinzuki said:
I like Wiseco's.
641MO5400
'89-'99 RM125

As a matter of fact, I have one here that I can't use because the motor needs a replate and we are going to go 2mm over.

This was not due to piston failure, the water pump was smashed by a rock and the rider didn't realize he blew all of the coolant out as he made his "fifth gear tapped" pass down a dirt road :coocoo:
Is the Wiseco piston Metal harder then Vertex (Chance of score the Cylinder) :ride:

Duz
Bruce

kxmike

Feb 2, 2005
go with wiseco pro-lite piston. i put one on my 2003 kx125 and it runs perfect i just had to richen the jetting. but when you put a wiseco in, make sure you warm up your bike before you ride because if you dont it will seize.

fmfracing212

Mar 23, 2005
i myself would just go with the wiseco pro lite only because i have rebuilt my bikes with them everytime and never had 1 top end problem,just my opinion

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom