pit bike problems

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
so i picked up this pit bike yesterday off craigslist for 80 bucks and its in pretty good shape http://mefast.com/KC/Dirtbike/KC/KC70/KC_70.jpg.jpeg
it doesnt look to bad, seems fairly well built good welds and things.. my qustion is its a 1 down 3 up what i believe to be a lifan 70cc engine, the problem is the trans shifts fine and the engine has compression but the crank doesnt turn with the trans or kickstarter, the guy said his buddy told him that they always do that and its like a counter balancer or something? anyone have any opinions on this

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I am skeptical that the engine is really manufactured by Lifan. Never the less What exactly is the problem? Does it run but not go in to gear or does it not run but has compression? Is this an auto clutch engine?

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
actually i fixed it it is a manual 4 speed and the internal clutch adjustment was too tight and once adjusted runs great. so how can i find out what type of engine this is? it s manufactured/sold by kc powersports. i dont think that it is the same brand as the pep boys kc 70 but i could be wrong. here is a link to a pic of it
http://mefast.com/KC/Dirtbike/KC/KC70/KC_70.jpg.jpeg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Honestly I don't think you will be able to get a rock solid answer as to the origin of that engine. Based on extensive experience with manufacturers in China lots will claim to have a Lifan engine because they are a quality product but, in reality it will be an engine that looks like a Lifan engine and that's all. I have not seen a Lifan with the features of the engine in that bike, I also have never seen a Lifan in a frame of that quality. If the side cases had Lifan cast in to them it would be a good indicator. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…