jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
Well heres the story i have an !T175 that eats plugs.... i want to fix it i run running a 40 :1 in it and i want to keep away from leaning it out so it doesnt' seaze up. any help would be appreacated

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
is the plug wet fouled? or oil fouled?, you may try a hotter plug, making sure air filter is clean and unclogged, smaller pilot jet, or it could be the carb needs to be cleaned out and maybe need a new oring in it at the valve. check your kill switch as well as it may be shorted out against the bars. reeds could be frayed also.

jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
well the carb has been done over and cleaned. i don't know the diferance between the wet and oil foul but when they are fouled they are pitch black and we are running NGK plugs and PJ1 Gold smokeless and yamaha semi sinthic racing oil. i have a K/N air filter that we are going to clean with the kit next time we are up by the bike.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
2 of my friends have it200s that used to eat plugs. I jetted their bike and no more fouling, also they run b8es plugs, witch I and positive is not the reccomended plug, but it works charms. try dialing in your jetting, the it motors seem pick with jetting.

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Well it sounds like oil fouled plug.. Rich at the carb. Make sure your air filter is clean. Next pick a Per Mix and stick with it.. it's really not a good idea to mix different Pre Mixes not all are compatible so that could be a contributor to the fouling. After that it's a matter of jetting changes at the appropriate throttle position to attain good plug color.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom