Port and polish..plz fill me in??

2strokepower

Oct 22, 2004
Can someone tell me what exactly porting a pilishing does to your engine and how its helps/upgrades the performance.
Will it give more bottom end to a 2 stroke 125 and last
Is it worth my money to post and polish a 92 rm125. (I am also putting a fatty fmf pipe with a power core silencer on it )If that makes a difference or not deling with the port and polish. I dont know much about dirt bikes yet im very new to the 2 strokes any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

2strokepower

Oct 22, 2004
Thanks i got a great general idea but now i have a differnet question.?
I like the way my power is now accept for what i lack in the bottom end. The mid range is comfortable and the top end is smooth and peaky. I want to find more all around power and a little more bottom end for those ocasionall long hills i have to climb without sacrificing the top end speed.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
When was the last time you put a fresh piston, rings and reeds in it and when was the last time you repacked the silencer?

250trailrider

Oct 26, 2004
Size Matters

Depending on you body weght you may want to consider a larger bike. 125 2strokes don't have a lot of bottom end. If you trail ride alot try a flywheel weght. It will help the bottom end.

2strokepower

Oct 22, 2004
Im gonna answer both ?'s at once.
First ?-- I just bought the bike 1 week ago from a mechanic so it was in very good condition. The oil was changed regularly and all the basic maintanence was performed everytime he rode. I dont know how fresh the pistons and things are but i havent had any problems regarding those i dont think. The bike will crank first kick everytime !!!!!! WITHOUT CHOKE !!!!!!! I was very impressed with the condition of the bike. The bike is very loud but it sounds smooth so id say its about time to change the silencer but im buyin an fmf fatty pipe and a brand new fmf power core silencer to go with it as of next week.
Secondly-- I wiegh 160 lbs so i dont think that is a problem and the bike feels comfortable plsu this is the first bike i have ever owned, and the first 2 stroke i have ever ridden. I dont have any prblems riding it and havent stalled it yet or crash so i think im alright with it?? but i dont know..

KDXman_88

Jul 27, 2004
if it starts up first kick w/o choke that means the bike is running too rich. try turning your airscrew out a little. idk if that will help what you asked but that was what my bike was doing and it turns out the air screw was all the way in.

2strokepower

Oct 22, 2004
Will that add any power or make it run smoother or make any big difference? Is that the reason i blow blue smoke when i hit the power band or is that natrul?

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
your lack of bottom end is probly from a rich pilot. thats the reason the bike will start w/o coke cold.

2strokepower

Oct 22, 2004
I am very new to dirt bikes,(ALL Dirt bikes) so how would i adject that. iv got a manualy that kinda explains it but im kinda scared to mess with stuff without knowing exactly what happens and what it does.

2strokepower

Oct 22, 2004
Wierd question.. Will i get better "gas mileage" when i adjest the pilot and air screw and stuff. I go through a tank of gas in only 2-4 hours i might get 5 if i keep it out of the powerband. Is that cuz im running rich or just a 2 stroke thing.

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
2strokepower said:
Wierd question.. Will i get better "gas mileage" when i adjest the pilot and air screw and stuff. I go through a tank of gas in only 2-4 hours i might get 5 if i keep it out of the powerband. Is that cuz im running rich or just a 2 stroke thing.

Less rich WILL improve your fuel economy.

But, you aren't ever gonna get great mileage.

If economy is your goal I have a Honda Trail 90 you might want to look at.

2strokepower

Oct 22, 2004
Yeh im not worried about gas mileage but it just seemed wierd i have to refuel when others still have 1/3 a tank or more. Thanks fer the help im gonna go try the adjustment and get back to ya. Also does anyone know where to get plastics kit for a 92 rm125. I broke my back fender pulling wheelies. I want to replace all the plastics but i cant find anywhere that has radiator shrouds rear side panels and all the other stuff.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…