Clint3240

Oct 21, 2007
i was riding on sunday with my 2000 rm125 for about 3-4 hours on long trails and i went to go hit a pit up today and my bike wont run. i started it up cold and then i go to take off and the engine just dies. i pulled off the air filter to see if it was that and it didnt help, the engine did start a couple times but then the second you gave it gas it would cut out. So I pulled off the plug and it was fouled. cleaned it and aired out the cylinder and it still didn't start. Checked for a spark and that seems to be ok. So then i noticed sludge building up at the muffler. would this be a float problem? the plug fouled every time.

Last edited:

Clint3240

Oct 21, 2007
should i stick to the kind of plug that it says to use in the manual or is there a better one out there?

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
Let it warm up, when the radiator is hot to the touch the motor is warm enough to ride. Suzuki calls for a $34.00 plug to be used, because of reinforced ground strap, which is at a different angle too. The Rm 125 and Yz 125 have more timing from the factory cdi and a regular plug may get too hot, weaken and break. Just keep an eye on it but a br8 or 9, es eg is ok. The letters at the end is the firing tip size. the plug needs to be gapped, 022-026 or no matter what plug you use will foul. Iridiums are nice but expensive. :)

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
What mix ratio, and brand of oil do you use. It is jetted really rich from the factory if no one has touched it, that is your problem. Remember you ride a 125 they dont like to be ridden slow. Keep it on the pipe or all you get is bog and spooge.

Clint3240

Oct 21, 2007
what kind of oil do all of you use? i am always getting whatever is available. but i usually do 32.1

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
ok 32:1 is good keep it that way I have used a few different brands of oil. Which consist of: Belray H1r And Mc1 the only thing mc1 should go in is a lawn boy its crap, The two belray oils seem to produce more spooge in the power valves and exhaust, Some say that 927 does that but if you keep it on the pipe it shouldn't be a problem this is an ester based bean oil. It smells good too. Amsoil is good all around burns clean and is the only true synthetic. Most others are 35% or maybe 50% not sure though.

Top Bottom