YZErinn

Jun 2, 2002
i am five months post-op and cleared by the doc to get back in action on my dirt bike as well as in other sports i do such as wakeboarding and snowboarding. i have to choose a brace and the doc recommends the donjoy defiance but as far as i can tell this offers no knee pad/body armor protection for dirt biking. it will, however, work for my other sports quite nicely. any thoughts on options and functions would be a great help!
erinn

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Have your doctor look at the Asterisk. It's NOT a medical device so he won't be able to perscribe them but you will have protection for BOTH knees. My ortho looked at them and told me he could not perscribe anything from the medical device shelf that would offer the same level of patela protection the Cells offer and that the hinge design was one of the best he'd seen. They are more bulky than the slim design custom medical devices so if that is a consideration you may want to get both a single low profile medical device brace and the Cells then you'll have the best of both worlds.

POHAKU

May 22, 2002
Get a CTI2 they are the BEST. I use it for MX, Skiing and surfing.
And Doc can write a perscription for it.
Good luck, Todd

mark_england

Mar 6, 2002
YZerinn
they do a retrofit impact guard for the defiance
and as you asked about options..
they also do a motocross specific brace called the ARMOR
hope this helps

Last edited:

MXcarzy8080

Feb 26, 2003
(thats the second time my post has been disapeared of this topic)

If you continue to post gibberish your posts will continue to be edited or deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom