cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Tried to pot the CDI with blue RTV and the stuff stayed gooey, even after 24 hours---noticed it's still gooey where thin layers were left on my work surface. Has anyone ever heard of the stuff going bad?? This tube had been openned a few years ago and I had to cut it open to get at the part that wasn't hardened. Also reading that the acetic acid it generates when curing could harm the electronics? Would like to use something similar to what Kawasaki used---anyone know where to get that stuff that turns into a semihard rubber? Thanks--trying to finish this little project up. :think:

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
If you want to use a RTV, use one that is O2 sensor safe. The off gasses from curing are not corrossive. Permatex ultra copper, ultra blue or THE RIGHT STUFF are all excellent products. Most RTV's will not cure if they have been frozen but that shouldn't be a problem in florida. You can also try a craft store for the clear epoxy kits used for a pour on , self leveling coating.

lankytim

Feb 26, 2004
You may be able to get some samples of some top shelf stuff through <a href="http://www.vobaker.com/adhesive/e_pottin.htm">V.O. Baker</a>, but you'll probably come up with a quick solution in the meantime.

I did a trade study on some of these products at work a while back and I remembered Epocap 13341 as one that would probably do the job. I hope it turns out OK (less gooey) in the end.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
mystery solved----the old rtv went bad. popped a new one open and it was solid in no time. BTW, went w/my 11 year old daughter and worked a checkpoint(sorta) at the 33rd Annual Capital City Enduro. She gained celebrity status as she held the American flag for the National Anthem that concluded the prerace meeting---all smiles. great day for me AND for her! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom