Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
Does anyone know how the power valves go back together on a YZ250, 01 model? I'm trying to help my buddy get his bike back together and we aren't sure how to put the power valves back together. The main valve we have figured out, but there is a long rod with some machined pieces that slide on it and bolt on with springs in between. The outside machined peices have a slot that is machined on an angle to actuate a lever that pulls two more vavles out from the side of the cylinider. We don't know which peice is right and left. I would think that the two valves on the side would pull out at the same time that the main center valve pulls out, and that would tell us how this goes, but I'm not sure if thats the way it works or not. I would really appreciate it if someone could help with this.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
Thanks for the links to the diagrams, but for some reason the parts i am looking at are shown as the same part in the picture, when there is actually a left and right version. The parts that I'm not sure about are #'s 31 and 32 in those diagrams.

yzrulz

Dec 3, 2003
I have had my powervalves out several times on my 2002 YZ250 and it is exactly the same as your buddies 2001. When you rotate the actuator shaft clockwise the main oblong (center) powervalve should open first and then the two smaller round side valves will begin to open after the center valve is completely open.

pokemanyz

Jan 22, 2000
Jeremy_E said:
Thanks for the links to the diagrams, but for some reason the parts i am looking at are shown as the same part in the picture, when there is actually a left and right version. The parts that I'm not sure about are #'s 31 and 32 in those diagrams.

I don't see a diference between the two in the diagram. If you can't tell a difference between the two parts there may not be one & then it wouldn't matter which one went where.

Good luck & let us know the outcome.

Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
Thanks for the help, we got it back together and it seems to run fine. The info helped a lot. Pokemanyz, the parts in the diagram are shown to be the same, but they actually aren't. The diagram is drawn wrong. The difference in the parts is that the slot is on different sides of the part. The diagram shows them both to be the same, so it was hard to tell which one went on the right or left side. Again, thanks for all the help.

Jeremy

Top Bottom