triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
Hey all! I am wanting to take my powerwasher with me to the track. I have a 6'x 13' trailer so I've got the room. I am wondering (as I have never really looked that close) what is suitable for a water source when there is none available. Let me clarify - I don't have access to a water source at the track and want to know if one of those 40 gallon or so water tanks from the RV store will work? Is the pressure and gravity of 40+ gallons of water enough to keep up with the powerwasher?! My pw is only a 1500psi model - don't remember the gpm, but it isn't much. What does everyone else do? Thanks!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We used to have an electric one that wasn't too powerful and we used a 55 gallon drum in the bed of the pick-up truck. The gravity of running a short hose from the bed down to the pressure washer on the ground was enough to get an "okay" pressure stream. At times there would be air pockets or the stream would get weak - but for the most part it worked. Make sure to vent the top of your water source.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
I've got a 55 gal drum on the tongue of my trailer. I don't know the gpm of my pressure washer, but a full drum's good for about 4-5 normal washes (not real muddy).

The best tip I can offer is to make your feed hose pretty short (10ft or less). It makes priming the washer easier and makes it less apt to lose its draw of water.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom