BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
On several occasions, I've had discussions with others about looking into building a track that is more natural terrain. Interest in the idea seems positive and many people have said that would really like an "old school" style track. Seems the opportunity has arrived to make it happen. I will be looking at property this weekend some time that has elevation changes, secluded but has highway access. The owner wants to build a track to augment his growing business. He now has regular rode bike rallies and draws a pretty good crowd. The facilities have showers with hot and cold water, RV hookups(limited number) and plenty of room for camping and parking of vehicles. The property is 88 acres with the central area already developed for the rallies and vendors. He is very interested in making a track that would utilized the other parts of the property without interferring with the central area. He also likes the idea of an "old school" track in order to draw older riders under safer conditions. He has the equipment to do the work and the desire to proceed AND wants input from off roaders.
I will post back with my initial impressions next week and IF the potential is good, will ask that others that are interested in this type of track come up for a "look see" and visit with the owner. BTW, the owner helped with the original 2002 Spode Wash and is very pleased that DW has been so successfull. Let me know what you think! :ride:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Gimme that old school stuff!!!
What area Brian? Keep me up to speed.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
most tracks IMO in SoCal are built on flat ground with loads of jumps and built up corners and are way over ratted. Cahuilla Creek opened up and old school GP outdoors style track with loads of hills, off cambers etc etc etc- table only jumps- it is now one of the most popular tracks in SoCal- especially with the mags for bike released and factories for private testing. the REM back track at Glen Helen is pretty similar and has been going for years- they hold races every saturday and the place allways attracts a decent crowd of racers that want a decent track where you can get your bike out of 3rd gear!!!!

both of these places have several sections- thus they can swap and change the layout really easily every week- keeps everyone on their toes

of course, there are plenty of spoilt little kids that go to these places and whine and moan that the prep is no good and the track is too rough and diffucult- thats what MX is all about.

i say go for it- if my experiences are anything to go by, you will have a lot of customers!!!! good luck.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The area is between Mannford and Yale on Highway 51. That would put it 40 miles east of Cooperland. Thanks for the replies.
Build it.......and they will come
That is exactly what I told the property owner.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Mmmmmm ..

If I leave now I can be there by noon!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Bring it on Tony!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Update: 8-14-04
After riding the 500 with DWreck and Jeff today, I stopped by Eagles Nest. The facility is really nice and they are still making improvements. There is a nice area in the SE portion of the property that has good potential, IMO. It would take quite a bit of dozer work to clear trees and to cover over a rock garden but the potential is there. The owner is interested and would like some more input. He also would like to come to DW04 for an afternoon/evening and talk to some industry folks and other riders before making any decisions. Quite a few details to work out but things are in motion for something different from what the other tracks in the area have to offer. More to come......... :yeehaw:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
Build it.......and they will come :cool:

When you're finished with that one, come to West KY and build another! I think it is MUCH needed in this day of 70 foot table tops and 90 foot triples.

Top Bottom