powervalves...are they stuck? need help fast

ilikeriding

Jul 19, 2002
My 1992 Cr125 has really crappy bottom end and throttle response . Instead of traveling through my trails in 2n'd or 3rd gear, its constantly 1st. after riding it for about 45 minutes, we pulled it in and checked the plug to see if it was running rich, and it wasn't, it was fine. we popped off the powervalve covers, and there was TONS of oil in them. This all got me thinking, could the powervalves be stuck? and if they are how do i check and/or fix them. i need help really fast, so if you see this PLEASE REPLY!!! thanks

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I just checked that out on my low-end power loss. With the cover off, you should be able to move the actuator arm and tell if it's hung up. There will be some spring type resistance to it, but it should move smoothly.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I had a '92 CR125 and this is how I checked my powervovles....

First if this is a bottomend problem and you think it is a powervavles then just by popping off both HPP covers will let you know if the vavles are stuck open. You would be about to see them stuck out of the guides coming outward. If they are closed all the way in the guides then the bike should be running fine on the bottomend. Stuck powervavles that are stuck closed will hurt the topend performance, not the bottom. To check if the powervavle system is operating correctly, take a 6mm open end wrench and look on the left of the bike (as if you were sitting on it) and look at the powervavle rod that has a oval type end but has 2 flat sides. Take the opened end 6mm wrench and put it onto the end of the rod. Then start to go counter-clockwise with the wrench and there should be alittle force for then vavles to open. Good luck! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom