Practice Advice

Katzeman

Apr 7, 2003
Ok, seems like there are some smart dads out there so I thought I would post this one for some advice. Son now 9 use to wait at the end of the driveway for me to come home so he could ride. Now it seems like if I dont suggest he ride he doesnt. Always after he rides (ususally a long time) he loves it and is glad he practiced. When I was that age I lived to ride. I know, dont re-live your childhood through your kids. He loves to race and does well but I know more ride time would help as well. For now I dont push him to practice and we are having fun this year (guess I answered my own question).

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Definately don't push him. It wouldn't be healthy for either one of you. Does he look at riding as a "practice session" or is it made out to be more "just for fun" riding? Do you and he ride different types of terrain? Maybe he's bored and needs a change of enviroment? Bottom line though, if he doesn't feel like riding then let him be.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…