Predro -- VAN HALEN, BABY!!

B

biglou

Did you see where The Van Halen was in KC last Friday with DLR and Wolfgang? Have you heard anything about the shows? Any good? They coming anywhere near you, and are you going?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
biglou said:
I can't believe Pred's ignoring a thread about the Van Halen...

He knows they STILL SUCK and can't come to grips with it. :whoa:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
they am not coming anywhere nears me, and I have heard they sound pretty decent.

I look forward to a new live album and a one of new material soon.

This kicks ASS

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
I look forward to a new live album and a one of new material soon.

Tentatively titled "Van Halen - Two Generations of Suckitude" ;)

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Van? I'm still undecided about that Mercedes designed thingie that Dodge is selling. I thought it was the newest "Van Haulin'" thing out there.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I thought it would be cool to see them until I heard that Michael ANthony was out and tix were $100. Had fun when I saw them in 84 :aj:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
VH was in DC Thursday night. This was what I heard.
Eddie was jammin but had a perma grin on (maybe chemically induced?) Wolfy held his own, damn good job for a 15 year old in front on thousands, plus you have the added bonus of his mom touring with him to make sure he doesn't get in trouble. Alex looked like he is 80 yrs old and 80 lbs. DLR sucked!!!! He ruins the show. He did not have the privilege of going but the peeps I know who saw them in the 80's were majorly disappointed.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
kx125412 said:
And Rich just lost any respect I had for him by saying VH sucks. :|

OH NO!!!!! :ohmy: How will I get through the day now? :bang:

sigurd

Jun 24, 2007
Rich Rohrich said:
Tentatively titled "Van Halen - Two Generations of Suckitude" ;)

That is funny stuff! I checked the Van Halen website.... It's not listed yet!

Rich Rohrich said:
kx125412 said:
.. Rich just lost any respect I had for him by saying VH sucks. :|
OH NO!!!!! How will I get through the day now?

Rich were you a Van Halen-head in the 80's when you were writing your first tech articles? You better 'fess up... ;) (kx125412... We all have a past that comes back to haunt us...)

biglou said:
Here's my PM to Rich this morning, word for word:

Quote:
"Fuel For Thought" flaws, circa 1985.
Damn, Rich, in 85 I was floating around the pacific on an aircraft carrier fixin' Harriers in the Marine Corps! Anywho, here's what I come up with for flaws. The prize is a SuperMotard kit for the new 426, isn't it? :D

1. In the second .jpg file: Quote: "Higher octane fuels... ...along with a slower burning rate to aid in controlling combustion."

2. In the same file, I am questioning the wording of "Too high a heat range spark plug". Maybe I have the wording confused in my head. I'm thinking that a higher heat range plug dissipates heat more readily. But, I am assuming you are refering to a plug that "runs" too hot.

3. The mix ratio of race/pump gas seems low. Perhaps gas was slightly better back in the day? 50/50 seems to be the norm nowadays for mixing.

4. Toluene and benzene="Voodoo stuff"?

That's all I came up with, a couple are just "WAG's", but it's early!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
sigurd said:
Rich were you a Van Halen-head in the 80's when you were writing your first tech articles?

HELL NO!!! I always thought they sucked. Eddie Van Halen is a great guitar player, no way to deny that, but as a band they bite it LARGE.

Last edited:
B

biglou

I saw VH twice in the 80's. Fair Warning (their best album ever) and Diver Down tours. Both with DLR. It was a different world back then... :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rich Rohrich said:
OH NO!!!!! :ohmy: How will I get through the day now? :bang:

I dunno Rich - you been losing a lot of friends lately with all your moderator super powers and what not ;)

I love Van Halen - I'm too young to have ever seen them back in what all you old folks call "the day" but I did see them 3 years ago with Sammy when I lived in the Kornfeeld. It was a great show!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
squeaky said:
I dunno Rich - you been losing a lot of friends lately with all your moderator super powers and what not ;)

Squeaks - Anyone who drops off the back due to my thoughts on the Van Suckingtons are best left in the weeds anyway. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
Rich, join in with the love.

I love hating them Pred, does that count? :whoa:

B

biglou

I talked to a friend yesterday who went to the show and said it was very good. He said Wolfy did a great job and DLR was on the money.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Rich - Can I still love you?

I like me some VH. Im not a superfan, but they have some good songs. A lot of them suck though.

I was Eddie VH in an airband contest in like 1986. I hada cardboard replica of his red guitar with all that crap on it.

I rocked.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:
Eddie Van Halen is a great guitar player, no way to deny that, but as a band they bite it LARGE.

True story. It becomes apparent (at least on the early albums) when you crank the balance knob from one side to the other.....Eddie in one channel.....the rest of the band in the other. :ohmy:

Top Bottom