pro circuit pipe

girlbiker

May 26, 2002
hi guys , do you notice alot off difference in power with a new muffler ...im not changing the expansion chamber , i dont want too much power ...what does changing the expansion chamber do anyway .
Thanks

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
changing the expansion chamber will give the bike more power and make it sound more like a two stroke. Changing the silencer mostly looks cool and changes the sound some but not as much as a new pipe does. The biggest benefit of an aftermarket silencer is the weight savings.

R. Phillips

Sep 10, 2002
Hey GB.
I just put a pro circuit pipe and spark arrester on my 220 last week. It made a big difference in throttle response and really increased the "pull" in 1st thru 4th gear.

The bike feels lighter, and the sound is wonderful. The spark arrester keeps the sound closer to factory, but when you kick it, it changes to a throaty jet like sound.

Try it, you'll like it.

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
Changing a muffler you will not even notice the difference(If there is any)but changing the chamber will uncork the KDX and unleash the power.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
When I got my KDX, I too, was happy with the power (coming off a YZ80). It was "nice & predictable". I then bought a pipe & muffler, mainly for the weight loss (it's substantial) and haven't regretted it. It's not scarey power, it's just nicer. You won't believe the difference unless you try it. The only down side to it, is it makes you realise that playing around with different things will change the bike, so you then spend plenty looking for what does what (it's addictive & fun). Just don't think that changing the pipe is going to turn the KDX into a monster - it won't, it's still a friendly bike.
Michelle

girlbiker

May 26, 2002
i am just changing the spark arrestor , i have some spare cash and i love my bike ....its a pro cuircut 304 but i am not changing the pipe ....i get the pipe tommorow . Are they easy to put on...?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
So long as it lines up with the pipe, yip, should be piece of pie to put on. Just unbolt the muffler, (two bolts, I think), pull it apart from the pipe & bolt the new one on. You can put some silicone in the black rubber bit to seal it - it'll probably pay to use high temp.
Oh, and be clear about whether you mean pipe or muffler - the pipe comes out from the engine, the muffler is the thingy that sticks out by the fender ;) the pipe is harder to change out, as the springs holding it on are a pain in the butt, but still not hard.

girlbiker

May 26, 2002
sorry ...im an idiot , sorry to confuse u ... i get the spark arrestor ...i ll let u know how it handles

Thanks

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
You're not an idiot, that was not the point of my post, it was just to clarify it for you, so that you don't get confused and thereby confuse us ;) (it's just part of a learning curve we all go through and nothing to feel like an idiot for - also easier for the guys, they seem to have more of a handle on these things).
Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it goes well (and that I haven't confused you further). But you "should" find it easy to change the muffler - no guarantees on my semi-"instructions" - I know the guys will correct me on anything I've told you wrong.
Michelle

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
How'd you go today? All running sweet? (I guess you won't be giving a ride report till the weekend? Wahoo, only 1 more day for us southern hemispherites ;) How much has the sound changed?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…