nifty450

Nov 12, 2001
I,m curious about bike mounted lap time counters. I heard someone talking about them, has anyone used one of these devices, is there more than one company making these. Are they worth the money? Thanks as always.

mxaddict

Oct 3, 2000
Powerstart Victory lap timer.

www.powerstartracing.com

I got one of these about a year ago, and I must say it was BY FAR the single most helpful item to increase my race speed I've ever had. I love it, and it only comes off my bike for washing.

It straps to your front fender, just in front of the number plate, and has a trackside infrared unit that trips the timer each time you go by. It will store all your laps, tell you at each lap's end whether you were faster than the lap before by using green and red lights, and can be used with 2 infrared units to time sections, like trying inside or outside of a corner. Mine has worked flawlessly, and has been in BIG crashes and soaked down by sprinklers at the track. It actually makes going to practice by yourself fun, and I'm always trying to outdo myself, getting better all the time while having fun.

Many of the big schools use them (Gary Bailey, Donnie Hansen, etc.), and I know why. I hope noone I race against ever gets one. :)

2002 CRF450R
2001 CR250R

nifty450

Nov 12, 2001
thanks alot mx addict. it sounds like alot of fun trying to better your lap times lap after lap . I can see how it could work so well.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I also use the power start timer. It is a great training aid and it can also be used to practice starts. It will help you improve your reaction time. It adds a whole new demension to practicing and is a great help when making changes to your bike as you know if the changes you made are helping or hurting your lap times. I highly recommend getting one just like mxaddict I never go to the track with out it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom