wilbo

Apr 21, 2007
fuel just runs right thru carb and out tube at bottom of carb and onto the ground when i fill tank on 91 kdx 200. just bought and this is the only issue so far. bike runs ok but fuel runs out no matter where i turn petcock and even while the engine is running.

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
wilbo said:
fuel just runs right thru carb and out tube at bottom of carb and onto the ground when i fill tank on 91 kdx 200. just bought and this is the only issue so far. bike runs ok but fuel runs out no matter where i turn petcock and even while the engine is running.

As previous poster stated, your float level is out of whack and needs adjusted. Refer to the service manual to see what level it is supposed to be set to and, once you set it properly, you should notice no leaking fuel.

It's always a good idea to thoroughly clean the carb and inspect the o-rings for wear or damage whenever you remove it.

wilbo

Apr 21, 2007
problem solved

float ok but carb and petcock assembly very dirty. also the on/off/res flow was not turning off and. i cleaned the assembly and filters also cleaned carb and bowl. the gasket behind the selector for on off res had a small cut in it between two of the holes. i flipped the gasket over and tightened the spring plate up by increasing the bend just a little. a little o-ring lube and replaced everything and all is good... went for a short ride in the royal blue area ( TN ) and had no problems.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom