jeremy

Jan 14, 2000
I've heard it suggested that to maximize engine life, you can use additives such as Prolong in your premix. Anybody tried it and what experiences have you found. Is there any negative side affects that I should look out for

Thanks in advance

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
It's complete hogwash, both for cars, and for your bike. The best thing you can do is to use a decent pre-mix oil at a reasonable ratio, not something ridiculous like 100:1.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Yeah Snake oil. Many of these treatment solutions use Tefelon as the basis of their formula as it is slippery. Dupont the manufacturers don’t recommend it is used in this fashion as they don’t believe this can be effective.

& they designed it!!!

Still it is possible some little hick manufacturer will have an idea that the oil giants with all their development teams & zillions of dollars spent may have missed.

I’m just about to go to market with my new additive that contains trace elements of moss covered log.

ain’t nothing slipperier than that

Send your cheque to . . .

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Well while we are on the subject of slipping clutches & my new range of performance parts & additives; I am off to a rally this weekend (http://www.lemming.wellington.net.nz/) which is held in a desolate piece of coast & a couple of years back some clowns showed up in a sidecar & the clutch gave up (XS1100 up hill climbs & through deep sand).

The solution; drill holes & the plates & run bolts through them! (that was after trying to pack the plates with bits of ally beer cans).

So new line… David’s “absolutely positively (even if you want it) no slip” clutch kit
Send cheque to . . .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom