Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Need alittle help,...I'm running a HP Pavilon w/ Windows ME, I picked up a worm/virus a while ago, it took out the paths to many of my programs, I managed to get everything back except my burner. The program is Adaptec, Easy CD Creator 4. I have searched Adaptecs website, who aparently sold to Roxie, and basically there all pulling my crank. They want $150 for tech support :think:  I've searched everywhere for a download/repair...  Anyone with any info on this?

Can I install a different program to operate my existing burner?

Thank You! :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Shaw,

When I upgraded to XP, my burning software wasnt compatible. I had Suxio Easy CD Creator as well, and I hated it. I got some software from HP.com that I think you will like. It simple to use and you can burn disc to disc or create a data or music disk easily.

Go to THIS link and then click the 'Download drivers and software' radio button. Next, type in your burner model number. Find the OS (Windows ME) and then click on the RecordNow CD Mastering Software link. This will take you to the software.

This is all assuming that your burning is an HP product. It doesnt work for any other brands.

PM me if you have any questions.

Milk

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
You may find a patch that will help you on the Roxio website.  When I upgraded to Win XP, the Roxio version that I had wasn't compatible, but I found a patch/upgrade to XP and that fixed everything.  It didn't cost me a dime. 

I'm ok with Roxio product, but it's not the only burner software that I use.  Wish I could be more help.

TIm

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Thanks Guys, I got it fixed by going through roxio and dl a patch like Timr said, But I like you idea Milk, and will persue that as well. Thanks!

Top Bottom