marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
After thinking about selling my 2000 yz125 i now will not b/c i still have a lot to learn and it is still a great bike. So i will do a little maintenance on it, i just want to know what you think.

Dunlop D/756's in front and rear. I live in new england so i think these tires will handle it all.

Renthal 50 tooth sprocket instead of 48 in the rear and 13 tooth in the front.

Renthal O-Ring chain.

New plastics- shrouds, front/rear fender, fork guards.

2001 yamaha of troy graphics

Renthal dual compound grips

What do you think, anything i should change? or add? :)

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
wel with my yz i noticed some hidden performance in the reeds department and also if you will be riding at tomaston a good deal then i would think about an after market ignition cover. i have an applied racing one that is used but in good shape that i will be selling if your interested, $35. (less than half price). as far as thos YOT graphics i think they are the nicest looking graphics out there! your bike looks like its in great shape so i would keep it if i were you and change up the power band moer to suit you. Also i would do any maintnance that the bike needs to get it ready for the 02 riding/racing season. then you should be all set. Hope this helps. :moon: just had to test that one out.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Piy monkey thx alot. I already have the v-force for reeds. My bike is still really strong motor wise. I have the pipe/silencer and reeds so there is not much else i need for the engine. Like i said i am still a begginer so the power is pretty good for me. My bike looks good from the pics but there are quite a few dings and stretch marks in the plastic and graphics that is why i am going for the YOT graphics and plastics. How bout the tires?

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
well on my new cr i have the d756 rear and k490 front and i love the way the 756 hooks up in soft, and the 490 locks into turns. however since the pits are all sand and southwick is all sand i will be switching to the new d773 rear tire and a sand fron tire for the new season, but the tires on there are practically new. another great tire is the 752. this is my favorite tire, however the 756 is more of an intermediate/soft terrain tire. im sorry i cant offer insight on other brands but ive never tried anything but those tires. let me know what youll be riding and ill select the right tire for your application. BTW if you are going to be riding with me in the pits then youll want a nice sand tire, the pits are like riding on a dry beach. well i have to go so rock on!! :aj:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I haven't tired the new 773's but I'd pick the d755 front over the 756 & 752 the tread pattern on the 755 is more agressive. The knobs in the middle don't have as small of a space and don't pack up with mud as ease and clean out faster and the tire works great every where it suffers alittle in hard pack and rocks cause it wasn't designed for that but when it slides it slides predictably. I like the tire and can't fault it when it wears out i'm going to get another unless some how the 773 can out do it.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Well pit monkey i will be riding mostly at thomaston i think so here is what i am going with. Michelin s12 in the front and m12 in the back. The front is a soft tire and the rear is a intermidiate tire. Everyone who tries this combo recommended it, so it is worth a try.

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
marc i thaught you were going to be racing with me at southwick this year. if not then kiss me here!:moon: hahaha. just joking but seriously i thaught you were racing at southwick with me.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Well i have a queston but first...Pit_Monkey racing is sooo expensive and with putting 500.00 into my yz which was going to be for racing i think i will just practice at thomaston and rockey hill for the summer. Sorry but the money is just not good right now. Also clear your mailbox b/c it is full i tried to pm you before.

Now onto my question.. I am getting graphics that come with a gripper seat cover. Do i have to remove my stock seat cover to put the new one on or can i just staple over it. Also if i have to take it off. What is the best way to take out the staples? Also what is the best way to put the new seat cover on.. I heard it is a little frustrating... thx for the help..

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
i only have two things in there for the inbox and none for the sent items so i dont understnd why it would say that. anyway, ill be going riding this sunday if your interested let me know.:aj: Btw if you bring your seat cover and seat to a dealership theyll do it for ya. i know that new england cycle charges 25 bucks a waste of money since the sdg seats are so sweet and only 75 but its up to you.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Well here is what i am currently doing to my ride. New renthal chain/sprockets..I wnt fom a 48 tooth to a 50 tooth rear. I went from a 112 link chain to a 114 link o-ring chain. Also new tires front/rear, new plastics, and new graphics. I cant wait till spring wooooooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!

Top Bottom