PW50 won't run or runs poorly(carb is cu-lean!)

nick novice

Feb 15, 2005
Dudes,
I'm baffled! I've been riding and maintaining my cycles for 28 years and I've had more weird problems with these lil' pdubs than anything. Do they have a history of magneto or other electrical problems? I ask I've already replaced a magneto in one. This one has the same symptoms. It has spark. But I'm not sure it's as strong as it should be. I had swapped carbs, cdi, and coil with the runner and still nothing. Well it starts sometimes but runs like butt. I threw in a new plug. I was told i could tighten the gap a little and that might work if i was having a weak spark. Not any better. Any thoughts?

todd36

Sep 3, 2007
Make sure the exhaust is not plugged up. I have worked on many of these small two stokes that will not start or run right because the pipe is almost completely plugged with carbon

nick novice

Feb 15, 2005
Thanks. but it's clean. i recently restored this thing top to bottom. it's pretty fresh. minus the problem i'm having of course...

ncflattracker

Jan 1, 2006
The whole kill switch setup is a PITA on the pw's. Try a switch off of a different unit, or it may have moisture. Flush with some wd-40 and let dry... :nod:

Top Bottom