EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
I have a question about what a part is called and where I can find a replacement for it for an old bike.

The part at issue is the big piece of rubber that holds the carb to the rest of the engine. For now, I'll call it the "rubber-looking thing."

I have an old (1982) KDX 175 that runs really well. The rubber-looking thing, however, is deteriorating/cracking with age. I want to see how difficult it is to replace the rubber-looking thing before I do (err, before I pay someone else to do) any suspension work on the bike.

As I am sure you can tell by my question, I'm not too good with a wrench. Any help would be appreciated.

EBOD

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Hey EBOD,

This is how you learn to be good with a wrench, start small and work your way up. I logged into the Kawi website where you can pull up parts diagrams for any bike. Under Carbs there is a part listing & diagram for a Part NO. 16065-1049 HOLDER-CARBURETOR. I belive that this is the part you are describing. Take a look at the website and you can call a dealer or someplace like Midwest Action Cycle to check for price / availability.

Good Luck.

Bill

EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
Thanks, I'll check it out. By the way, I was hoping the name would sound sexier so that when I tell my friends I put a new one on, they'd be impressed. They should have come up with something better than "Holder-carburator"--they could've charged more.

--EBOD

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
"Carburator positioning boot" :) Try that!

Top Bottom