progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
Are you really big? I am asking because my husband is. He is finally thinking that maybe he should get a chest protector but can't seem to find one to fit him. So, Lou, is your body big? If so, what chest protector do you wear?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Lou uses a 55 gal drum with arm and head cut-outs for a chest protector. He IS that large.

Everyone stap-in for "Big" Lou jokes...

B

biglou

I'm not horribly big. That's me on my website's main page. I've got an HRP chest protector. Forgot which model. It's clear with the blue chrome shoulders, size XL. Acerbis and Moose both make large CP's though. I can't remember exactly which models they are, but those are a couple great choices for the biggest of dirtbike riders, IMO.

B

biglou

CaptainObvious said:
Lou uses a 55 gal drum with arm and head cut-outs for a chest protector. He IS that large.

Everyone stap-in for "Big" Lou jokes...
LOL! Nice! :laugh:

Here's a couple:
When I go dancing, I make the band skip!
When I look up, the back of my neck looks like a pack of hot dogs!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
If he decides to go oversize I have an MSR Rage XL Chest protector that no longer fits. Been meaning to post it up in the F/S forum but haven't got around to it.

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
biglou said:
I'm not horribly big. That's me on my website's main page. I've got an HRP chest protector. Forgot which model. It's clear with the blue chrome shoulders, size XL. Acerbis and Moose both make large CP's though. I can't remember exactly which models they are, but those are a couple great choices for the biggest of dirtbike riders, IMO.

If thats you riding the yamaha...I would say you look tall, but I'm talking BIG around the middle and shoulders...as you can see by his measurments...

Hey chili****what do you mean it doesnt fit you any more?
Did you get smaller and its too big? How big were you?
Did you get bigger and its too small? how big were you?

Thanks
kc

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm probably a bit bigger than that right now, and I wear a moose chest protector. It takes a little getting used to but I think it's worth it.

Most likely none of them will fit perfectly. the moose was the largest I could find. Once I adjusted the straps it wasn't too bad.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I run the Acerbis Zoom Plus, which is (I believe) the same as PK's Moose. Maybe bigger . . .

and as for Lou, he's the little guy in the boonie hat:
19516-Bigguys1.JPG

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
Ha! Jokes on me.

Thank you for the info. I'm thinking I need to move fast and get him one before his wounds heal and he forgets he really needs one. I'll run out tomorrow and have a look at them. Thanks again.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I got smaller. I'm 5'8" and was around 265 when I wore it. It will fit much larger than that as it was always just on the borderline of fitting me at that size.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
he was asking Milk for a kiss.

in the next pic he got it. wish I could find the pic

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
XRpredator said:
left to right:

Bundy, Milk, Pred, Elk, PK, Lou, Jamir

I like that picture 'cuz some of my favorite dudes are in it. Plus my KTM is right next to Bundy's elbow.

I believe that was also the night the kittens were killed. Oh Lordy, no wonder Lou hopped onto the Dead Kitty thread. :rotfl:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
My hubby wears a 40" in MX pants and a 2XL in shirts, and wears the Answer Apex XL chest protector and really likes it. I have a big bellied buddy with an XL Thor Force, and it doesn't quite cover enough of his belly. He likes the fit of the Answer and is getting one when he replaces the Thor.

I also have a used Answer Apex XL chest protector for sale (with pics):

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=140995&highlight=answer+chest

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
We ordered an EVS bj 22 ballistic. Thank you to all who responded. I will advise when we get it, perhaps I'll post a pic and give a review.

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
nikki said:
My hubby wears a 40" in MX pants and a 2XL in shirts, and wears the Answer Apex XL chest protector and really likes it. I have a big bellied buddy with an XL Thor Force, and it doesn't quite cover enough of his belly. He likes the fit of the Answer and is getting one when he replaces the Thor.

I also have a used Answer Apex XL chest protector for sale (with pics):

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=140995&highlight=answer+chest

Thank you Nikki, those are just a little too small. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom