Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Hey 2TrakR and perhaps knowledgeable others:

I was printing out a couple of maps today from the DNR web site and noticed some "interesting" changes in some of them ... e.g.; the Ambrose Lake/Rose City/Ogemaw Hills map has a May 2005 update but no longer shows the MCCCT connector trails leading from Ambrose Lake up to Rose City nor the one leading south to Ogemaw Hills in the actual locations we know them to be? Also, the trails that are present retain markings which indicate you need a plate to ride them. Has there been a change here or are these maps just wrong?

Similarly, the Geels Trails no longer show an ORV-sticker-only trail between the parking lot located on the south end of the North trail leading west across old 76 to the South trail. Does this mean you need a plate to ride from the parking lot to the South trail? I believe that older versions of this map showed a solid red connector trail between the North and South Geels trails.

Didn't check any others maps at this time ... but seein's how I still haven't gotten my new CCC map book, thought I'd print a few out from the DNR site ... I hope that these "newly updated" DNR maps are erroneous! I guess I'll make an effort to find my older versions from last year ... at least some of them seem to be closer to reality than these new ones.

terry nestrick :think:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Hi Terry,

About those "updated" DNR maps - EEEK! What were they smoking?! The MCCCT from Ogemaw Hills to Ambrose and on to Rose City is definitely ORV Trail. Just was marked/changed that way in the last year or two (officially last year). Also just moved a piece along Fairview Road off the whoop/giant washout into the woods.
Geels is definitely still open along Marl Lake Road; I see they also neglected to add in the ORV Route going to Roscommon.

If you need a couple pages of the new CCC Mapbook, shoot me an email (I'm in the book). Just indicate which trails you need.

Top Bottom