• Cooperland: Maybe.

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Cooperland: No way!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Casey: Absolutely.

Votes: 70 32.7%
  • Casey: Hmmm, perhaps.

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Casey: Nope. Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Either location: Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Either location: Eh, if I get around to it.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Either location: Not a chance!

Votes: 16 7.5%

• Total voters

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Oh Geeze, What am I thinking,....Okie'll let me use the DRN corperate leer, we'll just load the bikes in the cargo pit, and be there in 2.7 mili seconds...:aj: Think there will be enough room on the back straight-a-way to land that baby? :think

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Shaw - that'd be great!! You could make a fuel stop in Dayton and pick up my bike. :)

I can just plan a bussiness trip to Tulsa around the DW'02 scheduled dates.

I don't know how i let that one slip by me either.:confused:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
A THOUGHT........

why not just do both! do one early in the spring, and the other in the fall?
I has probably been brought up before, just thought i would say it again........

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I know it would be a lot of work to organize two per year. But even if we only had 1/2 the "goods" from sponsors because it was twice per year, I wouldn't care!

Even if it was less organized...

I just wanna get together with my great DRN friends, and yea the train thing was pretty cool too!

Hearing it pour rain in the night, as I went to bed, knowing that even if it rained a lot we would all find a way to have fun...

October can be a bit cold for us slummers...

Lorin IS NOT a woman:)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's not cold in Oklahoma in October.

Folks can have all rides they want... DRN'ers get togehter all the time; look at the Reno ride, what was there, 70 people?

It takes a long time to put DirtWeek together, I really don't think we could handle twice a year right now. Getting support from some sponsors takes a year, lol.

Casey is in the lead in votes, that surprises me a little.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by motometal

I just wanna get together with my great DRN friends

come on down. the heartland spodes ride together about once or twice a month. we have even camped in january. pick a weekend.

or maybe we're not really your friends?:whiner:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I like Casey for the driving time, but don't the people who attended last year want to try somewhere else? I don't know if I'd want to go back to the same place, when there are thousands of other killer places to ride...

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Okie - don't tell me that you are going to actually look at the vote! what has this world come to? Have DW'02 at Cooperland like you want to - it's your prerogative. Besides - we all need some variety. :)

I'm not saying this because i like the extra driving time to Stillwater from Ohio either. :confused:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I say we have it where ever the best deal can be made and logistics worked out.
Okie, are there still issues not worked out to make the OK fest happen?

I'd be quite happy with going back to Casey, it's set up nicely for our purposes...but I'll be in OK if that's where it is.

My boys say that this is a no-brainer....OKLAHOMA! (they don't get out much...lol)

Oh btw.....GO IU ! :debil:

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"Oh btw.....GO IU ! " THAT is going to be a good game. Wonder if IU will be raining threes? They'll be playing a team with defense this time :p

The big question at this point is still what the costs are going to be and how many people it will take to cover it... what the per-day cost is, etc. I was supposed to go down there this week, death in the family had me in OK all last week, would be tough to take the time this week, I'm still going to consider the trip though. I'll keep everyone posted with info as I get it.

I intend to make the decision soon and get it scheduled. Don't know when Cooperland will be available, Casey would be at about the same time as last year.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Folks can have all rides they want... DRN'ers get togehter all the time; look at the Reno ride, what was there, 70 people?

Casey is in the lead in votes, that surprises me a little.
Bundubasher put together a great ride at Amarillo, TX. There were 14 adults and some youngin's. The results for Casey don't really surprise me. The unknown stops many people. I myself thought pretty hard about going to Casey but I would have gone to Michigan, Delaware, Florida, or even Kalifornia for Dirtweek. Regardless of where, this is a PRIMO event for spodes. I would like for it to be at Cooperland but I can ride there just about anytime I want so it is not that important. Not having to travel 10 hours is a plus but the travel was part of the fun. Time off from school or work is definitely a consideration but if you have to go 36 hours like the SoCal folks did, you will understand and appreciate Dirtweek that much more.:aj:

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Another thing to consider is weather....
We all know that here in the midwest we can have a weeks worth of pisspoor weather very easily. And in Oct that can mean a very sloppy,cold time.
OK doesn't have such a chance of a total blowout does it?
Just soemthing to consider.

Okie, being a lifelong Hoosier fan, I couldn't be more proud of Mike Davis and the Hoosiers. They are playing way above thier heads, but that's what college ball is all about. OK and IU will be a VERY good game I think. Yes, IU will have to contend with one of the best defenses and a fast paced run-n-gun game....but they also like to play that way if they come out with thier heads on straight. Should be a good one!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We all know that here in the midwest we can have a weeks worth of pisspoor weather very easily. And in Oct that can mean a very sloppy,cold time.
If I'm not mistaken, the schedule shows Casey available in Sept, a week earlier than last year (same as DW 00)... Which is 17-21. If it is at Casey, No way will we get that much rain two years in a row. Right? :scream:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
ah man, that would be perfect, considering I took the last half of the first week of fall quarter off to go to DW last year, I didn't mind the rain, Jaybird and I were out trying to bust some laps in on an incredibly muddy MX track, fun wasn't it Jaybird ;)

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Well I am new to DRN and recently got bike. Answering questions i saw above Casey AKA LTM's website is www.ltmoffroad.com and they have 215 acres. I would go either place, Casey is my home track yet i used to live in OK so i would be fun to return. However for 14 yearolds like me the trip to OK is a little too far. My dad too likes to ride our KDX or '75 Husky but is a lawyer so time off would be hard to achieve.

Jason

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
326mx

Get your dad involved on this site and maybe we can get him to do a little litigation on his KDX in OK.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey Okie -

You might want to re-check those LTM dates. 21st and 22nd is the ATV National at LTM. Their "off" weekend in September looks like the 14th and 15th.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Well, if I show, I ride. :)
I feel pretty comfortable speaking for all the Kentuckiana spodes..."ats jus the way we is" Mud or no, we'll give it a go!

Jeff...that track was too muddy that morning for human participation. I was prayin I wasn't going to take a mud bath early on when.....WHIIInnnggggg WHoooooshshshhhhh.HmmmmmMMamm....here comes Wardy giving an example of the oversteerage principle on a mud shredding monster. I returned to my trailer and scraped mud till the tractors got there. :D

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
i wish i could but right now the KDX is in the uncles garage along with his BSAs Nortons Bultacos.... yes every word plural

Top Bottom