• Cooperland: Maybe.

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Cooperland: No way!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Casey: Absolutely.

Votes: 70 32.7%
  • Casey: Hmmm, perhaps.

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Casey: Nope. Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Either location: Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Either location: Eh, if I get around to it.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Either location: Not a chance!

Votes: 16 7.5%

• Total voters

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
I'm not sure I haven't really talked with him in awhile. But he could probably find ya one. He finds his bikes through all the midwest... I mean i have seen him with old old Bultaco trials bikes..... But he also sells his bikes as soon as he finishes them... Most of the time he will find bikes for friends and rebuild them.... If I had his e-mail I would tell him about this site... Who knows maybe he already knows...

Jason

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
West Coast Concerns

I checked out the Cooperland Site; No alcohol, cmon, and Flat Okla., At least let's find an interesting spot where we can enjoy a hard days ride with a brew.:confused:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That's not the case when we rent it.

At least let's find an interesting spot where we can enjoy a hard days ride with a brew.

If we do, promise you'll come? :silly:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Had a great ride there today. Thump missed out on a freshly groomed track. Had a blast.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Well in my opinion a HS course at LTM could be very long. I mean the MX track can't take up tomany acres out of 215.

Just my daily 2 cents

Jason

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Jeff said the course last year was about 4 miles or so.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thanks... now that you mention it, I remember :) (sometimes the brain needs a kick start :confused: )

So, I assume a 11-12 mile loop would be too long to run the Team HS? Too long between laps? I guess we could just score the finishes of the teams, everyone runs at the same time? Takes some of the fun out of it I think.

Ideas?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
it was about a 15 minute wait for most spodes out at casey with the 4 mile track before the first switch off, an 11-12 you'd have time to wash your gear and drink a 6 pack. :eek:

you could make it a mini enduro, two laps then a switch off, your partner does two then and you're done.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We could do the team HS on the 6 mile loop and then a individual HS on the 12 without too much effort. The track was great. The woods are challenging but not A level by any means. There is plenty of room to have a grass track laid out in leu of a GP track. But Chris Brown(buyer of CL) said the Cooper had a pretty good GP style track at his place that is adjacent to CL. Chris and I talked Friday for a half hour. He is very interested in having DRN for a special event. I let him know that the Heartland Spodes will help with setup and cleanup. He has my number and I will help with any logistical needs that there are at this end.
I gave some thought about signs and will have no problem getting them up before the event.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
For a long Team HS course, We could have a 3 person team. Rider #2 could be stationed at the halfway point. Riders #1 and #3 would be at the start/finish line. Then rider #1 rides the first 6 miles and pass off to rider #2. Rider #2 rides the last 6 passing off to rider #3 at the start finish line. Then rider #3 rides back to rider #1 at the half way point. This continues til each rider ends back up at the start/finish line. Everyone would end up doing the whole course. Rider #2 would have to ride 3 times, so make sure they are the fastest.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
My votes for Cooperland. If 380EXC can drive from Idaho to Illinois in a Neon w/his bike in the back seat, us northerners can do Oklahoma.
Heck the drive and scenery is half of the fun. Also the change in location would make it more interesting.

B

biglou

For the team HS, just cut the course in half. If someone is very familiar with the layout of the loop, there is usually a place or two where the trails are reasonably close to each other, yet are many miles apart when riding. Just flag off a "shortcut" to bring the laps down to 5-6 miles for the team race. Just a thought.

endomatic

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
The hs loop at casey can be made much longer than what we ran last year at dirtweek.It can be taken around to the west side of mx track also.I'm guessing 9 or 10 miles.

Endomatic

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If we have DW at Casey, the HS course needs to be marked a little better. All alternate routes should be roped off, so idjits like me won't cut the course. :) At DW '00, a couple of folks got PO'ed after having to pass me twice on one lap. I was just trying to survive, and evidently missed a few dozen arrows.

I'm not trying to offend anyone who marked the previous courses. It's just that some of us are mentally deficient (and/or Polish), and need extra guidance. I'll be happy to help with course marking next year.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
oh man I'll go along with that, there was this one tiny uphill (with a root at the top) that you were supposed to go right? If you went straight you ended up in a corn field, I ended up in that field every lap :silly:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Last year, I came upon more than a couple of arrows that had been folded over. :)

Top Bottom