questions about MSR System-X vented pants

Paul1212

Sep 26, 2005
I have a couple of questions about the MSR System-X vented pants. If anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate it.

How big are the padded hip panels? (especially how tall – from top to bottom). What are they made of? (foam?) and how thick are they?

How well do these pants vent air? I read one post where a guy said they didn’t seem any cooler than the System-X non-vented pants. Are the inner thighs vented? How about the knees? If they flow air well, I’ll probably buy them, because of the padded hip panels. If they’re not very cool, I’ll probably go with the Moose Sahara (the best vented pants, from what I’ve read).

Thanks for any responses.
- Paul

JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
i have a set of msr system-x vented gear i bought in 2003. as far as the padding goes, those cheap hip pads that come with the pants that velcro to the inside are worthless. also, i didn't think the vented pants flowed any more air than any other non-vented pants i own.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I kinda doubt the 3 year-old version of the pant is the same as the current.

I've had several different brands of vented pants, doesn't seem worth it to me, vented jerseys make a much bigger difference IMHO.

Top Bottom