Alex28

Oct 17, 2008
I'm going to pick up a 2004 Honda CRF230F tomorrow, the previous owner put fresh oil in it before he stored it for the winter. I'm going to pump the old gas out of the gas tank and put fresh premium gas in it, is it safe to go for a quick ride when I get it tomorrow, or should I wait to clean the carb?

Thanks
-Alex

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
If the bike was stored for a year or more, especially if it was stored in hot conditions, clean the carb. you can see if it starts easily with fresh fuel, but if there is any difficulty, clean the carb so it will run right & start properly. :ride:

Alex28

Oct 17, 2008
It's been stored for 4 months, and when I went and looked at it, it started perfectly and was running good. I just wanted to make sure I don't damage the bike, I'm just going to go for a couple of rides and then I'm going to call my buddy to help me clean the carb.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Alex28 said:
It's been stored for 4 months, and when I went and looked at it, it started perfectly and was running good. I just wanted to make sure I don't damage the bike, I'm just going to go for a couple of rides and then I'm going to call my buddy to help me clean the carb.

GO RIDE! :cool:

Top Bottom