ssuperbike

Dec 5, 2000
Is there such a thing? Will the FMF Q sieries pass a sound test (94 db) I have a power core 4/2 that was supposed to be quiet but it is like 104 db!!! I do not want to be the bad guy but I am not selling my bike. Ideally I would buy the Quiet end cap and baffle for my bike and just stuff it up when I need to like trail riding. I sure could use some Idea's. I can't afford to throw away a bunch of money. KTM seems to have a decent set up that does not bone its bikes out horribly. The technology has to be out there? ---Mike

B

biglou

I think the FMF Q is relatively quiet. Also, look in the product review forum for CAL's review of the Moose silencer insert. It is a repacking cartridge that just slips into the can to replace the original packing. I don't think it is specifically designed to be quieter, but it is at lower RPM's. And, I think White Bros. makes a tuneable exhaust system that you can change the number of disks in for more low end, etc... All worth a look. I believe the Arrow pipe is quieter than stock, too.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I believe Promoto billet is making a quet end cap now. Also make sure you repack you silencer on a regular basis. The european stuff works better because of the bigger/longer canisters. I put a Big Gun on my Husaberg because I needed a spark arrestor and ProMoto did not have an option for me(they do now). I tell you what. I got a spark arrestor and a really loud pipe that weighed the same as the stocker. Big Gun does have a queit core as well and you may consider that as an option as well...

ssuperbike

Dec 5, 2000
I would like to do something with the FMF, if that does not work I will look at a new pipe. I will give them a call and let you guys know what they say.---Mike

ssuperbike

Dec 5, 2000
That system looks sweet! If I can get 91 db without turning it into a bone at low to mid rpm I am on it!!!!!! I am going to find out all I can on the web. FMF does not seem to care. ---Mike

xr600r

Apr 15, 2001
I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT SSUPERBIKE.
I HAVE A 03' WR450 COMING INTO TOM'S, IT WOULD APPEAR IN THE PICTURES THAT THE THE WR IS STILL AS PLUGGED UP AS EVER, WITH THE STOCK SYSTEM.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
While I dont have a recommendation on a pipe/silencer for you, I applaud your conscious effort to do your part in responsible sound management! I only wish more riders would do the same. I love dirtbikes, but I HATE obnoxiously loud dirtbikes 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I hate to say it but we will be the bringers of our own demise in this sport.

cetris

May 8, 2001
woods_rider1,

How is the sound level of your 250? I had a 360 M/XC that was LOUD. I tried a bunch of different stuff in an attempt to quiet its bark, but nothing really made a significant difference. I replaced the stock pipe with an FMF with a Turbine Core II silencer, it helped the performance a lot, but it was just as loud as the stocker. That and the vibration were the only two things that I didn't like about it. I am considering a 300 now, I hope it is quieter and smoother than my 360 was.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
cetris
my 250 is not loud at all, I repack my silencer on a regular basis, and run the stock S/A. I have never had it tested on a meter but listening to my own bike and observing riders around me it is comparable to any modern 250 mx'er (which i find to be acceptable) I have seen some 70's era 2 stroke mxers which were horribly loud as well as the "I just bought a new 4 stroke so I have to get a loud silencer to gain those extra 3-5 hp at WOT" types. That CRD system sounds like the hot ticket, kill 2 birds with one stone. One note of interest, when I installed my carbon fiber pipe guard the bike sounded like a totally different animal, I couldnt believe how much the carbon fiber suppressed the noise from the expansion chamber!!

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Look at this from the CRD website...sure looks quiet

motpeter.jpg

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Originally posted by kciH
SFO..
Are you going to give us dyno charts to see the power characteristics?? :)

I am waiting for the USFS stamp on the pipe.
I'll run a vortiped stock pipe until I find something I like.
Sure, I'll be running it on the dyno if I get it.
Still haven't decided on the new bore and stroke and rod ratio though.
It will not be stock so I am uncertain if it will reveal much about how it would work on a stock bike.

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by yzeater
Look at this from the CRD website...sure looks quiet

motpeter.jpg

They rae a little bit on the heavy side but ....more torqe and SUPER QUIET !!!
maybee less 500 Pm on the top . (Overrew)
Fantastic product used by Stephane Peterhansel Worls Champion and my self
the champion of my street OH no not even ...
RakO

Top Bottom