Race sag versus front end turning too quick

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I have a 00 kx 250 i posted a couple days ago about my race sag dropping to 4.25 inches in a YEAR.I readjusted my pre load, race sag is 3 7/8( 98mm) 1 inch static sag ,rear spring is 5.0 straight rate ,front springs are .43 i noticed my bike is really plush i thought it was plush before,but i guess with my race sag dropping to 4.25 over a period of time it was hard to tell .I could not believe how plusher my whole bike felt especially the rear after i set my race sag back to 98mm.I have 1 problem though,when i corner the the front end turns in on me(TURNS TOO QUICK) i have no head shake the front feels very plush my compression and rebound settings are working for me where i have them. The front springs are race tech .43 i have 4 rides on them. I weigh 190. I did not have this problem before when the race sag was 4.25 it turned great the front did not come in on me. this is for any one who want's to answer,should i take some preload off lets say make it 4 inches(101MM)instead of 98MM or should i drop my fork tubes down in the tripple clamp they are 5mm above the tripple clamp now so maybe i will drop them to 2 mm.My suspension feels so right except for cornering.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If you like the way the suspension's working and you don't mind the extra height, go ahead and drop the fork tubes a few millimeters. Or, you could try dropping the rear sag to 4" as you mentioned and see how that feels. Or, you could try both. :)

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
If you aren't experiencing any headshake, I would try riding the bike this way for a little longer before yuo change anything else. Sharp turning is the way to go in my opinion, it will help you go thru the corners better. I generally have mine so sharp that it does get a bit twitchy, but in return my 250 doesn't feel like such a tank in corners.

If you were just going to run a desert race with very few corners, slow turning would be great.

Give it another chance, you have been used to it the other way for a long time.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
thanks for the reply's after more time on my bike i found out that the 98 mm race sag i am running was just a little too much preload for me,it felt really plush,but a little springy i am running 100mm and it cured the front end coming in on me and the rear feels less springy.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom