Race Tech fork springs FRP fork springs

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I ordered a set of Race Tech 38kg springs yesterday and they are here today (thanks Kens tires in Woodstock 15% off Parts Unliminted list price)
I did not order from FRP cause when I called to place an order the phone prompted me to leave a message with the part #'s my address and my credit card # and they would let me knowwhen it shipped NO THANKS

I have read somewhere that the racetech calculator is off a bit by 2 sizes of spring and just want to be shure the spring rate itself is ok.

Anyhow does anybody know if the 38kg spring in racetech is the same (rate wise) as the FRP spring?

Also any one wanting to do a 38kg racetech better get it ordered now cause I got the second to last one according to my supplier.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
ok since everyone wants to look and not post answers then have installed the racetech springs and have a few notes.
1. The preload spacers I made up following the racetech instuctions left me with an unloaded condition at full extension ( wierd noise)
2.The racetech springs are within 1mm the same length as stock (unless I already had racetech springs?)
3. So the "stock" spacer ( steel with a smooth weld seem) works out great!
4. I notice a interferance spring sound (kinda like when I'm with the old lady in a motel room!) Maybee I got the preload collars on wrong?

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
glad2ride said:
The collars are too long. 10mm of preload is a lot better starting point.

38's should be 38's, no matter the brand

are you saying stock preload is 22mm?

ok I will let you check it out on sunday I am going to durhamtown tomorrow and will have a ride report as I plan to fly a bit (in the air) just looking to get some cool pics wife has digi slr and the 73 xl175 chase bike and cell phone for 911

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
It's 22mm or more. That is some old school suspension theory there. Go with the smaller amount.

I would say keep it on two wheels, but just land on two wheels might be correct here. :)

Top Bottom