Racing Fuel ??? VPRedvsVPC12vsVPU4

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
I have been using VP C12 for awhile now and love it, but I just bought some of the VP Red yesterday to try it out. There is a slight difference in octane as the C12 is 108 and the Red 105 and some specific gravity differences. Has anyone used the Red before and how did you like it? The price was what sold me. $32.00 for the Red VS $47 for the C12. On the VP web site it does say that the C12 is the all time best fuel.

Oh! and another question, why is the U4 so damn expensive? and it is only 92 octane. The sign says it is a high performance 4 stroke fuel but it can be used in 2 strokes. The price is $62.00 for the 5 gal. Why?

Thanks

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Sorry, didnt search, though most of the posts here could have been searched before posting a new thread. Thanks for the links

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I used to worry about race fuel when I owned my CR and definetly had the best of luck with U2 mixed C-12. 50/50. Now with gas prices at an all time high I go with pump mixed with 1 gallon of TT111. A 75%/25% ratio to keep detonation down. It seems like the good old days when i was getting U2 for $8/gal and C12/gal for $5. I even remember 3 years ago getting phillips B35 fro $3.50/gal. Sort to get off topic but my recommendation is to stick with the C-12. It is a much better fuel for our application.

Erik

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Thanks for the info, I was also concerned with jetting. I have used C12 mixed 50/50 with pump and didnt have to rejet, the bike ran awesome, but I read some posts saying that you have to jet accordingly to use race gas. I called VP and spoke to a tech and he said NO you do not have to jet accordingly to use any of their race gas and whoever said that made him believe that they were not properly jetted in the first place. Sounds good to me.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Wrong VP rep, with U2 or U4 you will have to rejet if your bike is currently running crisp. Most people run a bit rich and the ulitmate fuels crispens(sp??) the bike up do the hgigh oxygen constent.

Erik

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom