RAD valve vs V-Force3 in '05 CR250R

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Well I finally broke down and installed the Boyeson RAD valve in my CR. I was really hesitant because the CR was running great, but you never know till you try. I have always found the RAD valve to be more responsive off the bottom than the Mototassinari ( V-Force ) valve - and the Mototassinari stronger on top. That does not seem to be the case with the new V-Force3. It worked better than the RAD valve everywhere. The old style V-Force valves I have used in the past do not have the contoured throat the new 3 does, I guess this accounts for the increased response off the bottom. If you looking at reed options on the '05-'06 I'd recommend you go with the V-Force 3

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
recommended for the 03 also. as a bonus with the 3rd gen vforce , you will not have to sit up nights wondering if you should adjust them for low, mid or top as they arent adjustable anymore ;)

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
How about jetting? Did you have to richen up the jetting after install from stock?

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Couldn't tell you, I've never kept a bike stock. The stock jetting sucked anyhow.

Top Bottom