radiator fluid leaking into exhaust

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
hey guys back once again, today i finished the 1988 kx125 gaskets and seals replacement project and i noticed that when i was putting radiator fluid into the radiator that i had radiator fluid coming out of my exhaust and i have a brand new head gasket can someone tell me hat is going on

thanks

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
i dont think its a warped head because when i put my old head gasket on that was in pretty bad shape it didnt leak

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
i noticed that my head doesnt have copper washers like other bikes have it just has head bolts

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
If you have a gasket under the cylinder head, you won't need copper washers on the studs. If it had an O-ring style head gasket you'd need the copper washers to stop the coolant from seeping up the studs. Check the new head gasket for damage, or to see if it's even the right one. Then have the cylinder head checked to see if it is warped. Also make sure that the sealing surfaces of the cylinder and head are super clean. Make sure you torque the head down to spec. and don't forget to follow the proper sequence.

Top Bottom