oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
It's a common mod on a rmx250 to switch the head gasket out with a head gasket from an 89' RM.
My question before I do this. I run pump gas, 91 octane. I don't have a source for race gas in small quanities nor do I want to have to run race gas.
Will this gain in compression be enough to make the motor want to ping. I'd like the bike to run with as much power as possible. However I don't want to put a combination together that would be prone to failure.

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
just wanted to make sure before I did something I regreted.

I was checking out the v force 3 reed valve systems. Anybody run one on a rmx, or actually on any 250.
I guess a new question should probably get a new thread. oh well, don't like to add too much clutter.

apb

Feb 1, 2005
oilspot, I run the '89 rm head gasket on my rmx and it does great on premium pump gas; no pinging issues. I dont have the v force, but instead the boyesen rad valve on my bike. It works great, but I don't think I'd consider it that great a mod for the $$. I think just some aftermarket carbon fiber reeds for the stock reed cage would be just fine for all but the serious racer, and saves a good chunk of change -- just my opinion.

Top Bottom