re: GasGas not good enough to compare

Gasoctane

Apr 17, 2001
i've heard from my frenz dat GasGas is not dat powerful when compared to Jap made bikes(i.e Honda,Yamaha..etc).
Can anyone justify or disprove dat?? Personally, i think GasGas is sweet on trail.:D

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Your friends are wrong. GasGas makes an extremely good bike in every way. They're competitive offroad with anything built today power and suspension wise. I've ridden several of them in the last 3 years and they've all been great bikes with motors that rip.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I agree with jeb. I've only had the good fortune to ride one Gas Gas, but was very impressed with the bike's performance. Handling was excellent; motor was also very nice.

quadrix

May 1, 2001
have been riding ec200 for sometime and no doubt it is indeed a smooth ans easy handling bike among the dominating european bike in the market. :cool: the bad side of gasgas is the distributing problem. rated the best bike but in the wrong country.:(

singapore

Last edited:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Yeah, make sure your friends KNOW that GasGas'es suck. Then leave it to their jealousy when they watch your ear-to-ear grin while riding one.

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
Honestly, I think that ur friends either don't know wat good stuff they have on a GAS GAS or they're just worried that u'll get a better bike then them. (that is if u own one) You should chk out the new 400 4-stroke model that's coming in next yr around january. Chk it out with the dealer Today!!!!:p

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
I've never ridden an EC or MC spec GAS GAS so I can't speak to that, however..... I'd put my 01 XC250 up against any bike in the 250 class (Jap, Euro whatever). My riding buds ride KX's, YZ's CR's WRF's etc and they never pass up a chance to take a spin on my GG. I haven't heard any complaints about the power. Two of these buddies are selling their Yamahas and are going to buy Gas Gas when the 02 models arrive.

When I was in the restraunt business, people would often ask "what wine would be best with this meal?" I always told them... "the wine you like best"
Bike selection is all about personal preference... ride what you like.
e.

Gasoctane

Apr 17, 2001
initially, i was quite perturbed by wat some people said and some comments my frenz made. But after much research and the much needed response from u 'hardcore' groupies out there, made me much more 'wiser' perhaps. i've been doing much 'homework' on my own on GasGas and i found out that, in my perspective, it's a sweet sweet bike for me. my frenz can brag about how powerful a KTM is and blah blah blah and GasGas is no way near KTM 'class'. But i can't help but grinning from ear to ear when i'm riding the 200ec down the trail. Coz' it's such a 'sweet' machine on trail.So screw them! i'm sticking to my GasGas watever they say!!!:p

Quadrix- i hope as a small group who do appreciate GasGas keep this secret of GasGas being 'sweet' quiet. coz we don't want the rest getting jealous abt our ride and make those "mat rocks" envy!:cool:

tom656

Nov 19, 2000
This past weekend I attended the East coast sr/vet MX nationals at HighPoint raceway. I raced my 99 200Ec in both the plus 40 and the plus 25( I am 42 ). If anyone is familiar with HighPoint, the start is a long up hill start, and in all 4 motos I was near the top 10. There were 33 bikes in plus 25 and I ended up 8th overall and I was 5th in plus 40. Not bad for a 200cc against mostly 250cc and up bikes, and my GG isn't really a MXer. Maybe you can't compare the GGs with other brands, they are in a league of thier own.

Tom in Pa.

Top Bottom