ridersean

Mar 30, 2003
i have a 92 kdx 200 amd just got the gold series fatty pipe and the turbine core spark arrestor i was wondering if anyonbe has done this and had to re jet thanks in advance

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I rebuilt my 1990 last winter and added the same pipe and silencer. I also had Fredette do some porting work and he told me that if I was close before, I would be close after as far as jetting is concerned. The reasoning was that I had improved both the intake side and the exhaust side. I would think you'll probably need to dial it in a little to be optimum. I think I need to spend some time jetting my bike but it seems like I'm spending all my work time trying to dial in my boy's YZ80. When I have time to ride, I just go and figure I'll optimize the jetting "next week".

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
i too recently added fmf fatty and turbine core. i was running stock jetting 48pilot, 1172 needle but moved to second clip from top and a 158 main. airscrew 1 1/2 out. 32:1 mix. i changed to 45 pilot, 1173 needle in mid position and a 155 main with airscrew 1 turn out. better but i ended up going with clip in 2nd from top and airscrew 1 1/4 out. still 32:1 also im using premium exxon pump gas. might try one leaner on pilot but where i am now is pretty good as far as performance and having to do routine top end jobs.
do you have stock reeds? and what about the airbox lid? i have boyesen power reeds and no lid. one other thing i'm at about 1600 ft above sea level. hope this helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom