alanreeves

Nov 10, 2001
RE:KX125 Enduro conversion(pics now available)

The bike is legal at last (I'll post some pics soon)( done see bottom of this post)
Would like some tips though on setting the bike up correctley including some engine mods.
Rode it on some local trails this weekend to try and get a feel for what I want to achieve from my mods. I came up with the following conclusions:
The bottom end isn't that far off, it managed to lug me up some quite tricky climbs, but I think it could do with a bit extra as I didn't try anything too adventurous.
The midrange is wild! Hits too hard as soon as the power valves open. (wheelspin so much I nearly destroyed a brand new tyre in 6hrs riding)
Top end tails off too soon.
Forks are a little too harsh. (even with the clickers adjusted)
Less oil? or re-valve?
The shock tends to bounce the rear wheel off the floor when it hits rocks.
If I turn the rebound clicker in one more click though it comes back too slow like its sticking.- sorted now.
The majority of the riding I do is tricky stuff where its hard to be on the pipe all the time. A lot of places it is impossible![http://community.webshots.com/user/alanreeves

Last edited:

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
you'll want to go to softer springs unless your over say 150 lbs. I have
a friend that road a stock KX125 for years with no moads on it, good woods
bike.

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
mods?

what mods have you done already ? but i would recommend a flywheel weight to smooth out the power delivery, a pipe would also wo wonders once yo ufigure out where you wnat the power, if you want tourqe boysen tourqe reeds are a good buy and a tourque spacer works well too..good luck
Tim:)

alanreeves

Nov 10, 2001
At the moment I've just had the bike registered and put acerbis DHH headlight and acerbis rear lights on. Also acerbis hand guards. The engine and suspension are standard.

alanreeves

Nov 10, 2001
A small 12v dry cell battery provides the power but is only used for scrutineering purposes. It will last for about 45 mins when the lights are on.:cool:

Netra105

Mar 10, 2001
headlight for your kx

You can run a headlight off your powerjet carb stealthey weights sells the kit but you can do it yourself all they use are 12v 25 watt bulbs it will pass inspection but you cant get enough light out of it to ride at night

Netra105

Mar 10, 2001
easy

the headlight would use the power before the bike does because the power jet only gets used at high rpm trust me it works i have one if you want full details i will give them to you

Netra105

Mar 10, 2001
you cant ride at night with this setup its just to get you through tech inspectin at a enduro or enough light to get you out of the woods if your running late or lost Get a aceberis head light or ufo with twin beam then go to home depot and buy two 25 watt bulbs with reflective backing and
then tap into the wires near your steering stem and get your power there a nd it will work

alanreeves

Nov 10, 2001
I've already got the lights, I currently run 1 35w front bulb, I found that 2 drained the power too quick. I also run a low output tail light about 10w I think. All 12v.
Is the wire your talking about the red/white one?

Top Bottom