Read If You Ride Muenster!!!

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
I just got off the phone with Mrs Harris and she asked that I relay the following message, in my own words of course.

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!
The Harris family are seriously considering closing down the park to campers because of the trash that's being thrown in the area, glass bottles being broken, people riding after 2000hrs (8:00PM) etc etc etc.

What is it going to take folks? Have the premere riding spot in North Texas closed because we can't behave? She is asking all of us to police ourselves and the spastics that can't read the rules or too irresponsible to adhere to them. Help us, or we're going to loose another spot.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
I think it will take some weeding first...They are gonna have to kick a bunch of people out of there before they get it...We sat there Sunday watching people ( on four wheelers ) riding wheelies down the road,donuts etc......even with the big signs out front and towards the second gate. It only takes a few idiots to ruin it for everyone...( did I say four-wheeler in there someplace ?)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I agree that we should police ourselves. Some of us had a conversation about how much money they are making, it would be very easy to weed the bad eggs out and still make a nice chunk of change.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
The main problem that she complained about were the riders riding after the 8 o'clock time.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Do what you can to keep Muenster open gentlemen. I had the pleasure of riding there a couple of years ago. It was incredibly muddy that weekend, but I had a blast. Lots of fun trails. I'd like to ride there again sometime.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
still make a nice chunk of change.
I have friends that have been running an OHV park for 7 or 8 years and believe me, even with a fair turnout and charging more money, it has still been a money pit.

With equipment, personnel, land, and insurance expenses I oubt you could find anyone that has gotten rich off of running a riding area. I think most people get into it because they love the sport and then find that they can't ride because they have to work too much.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I've had the pleasure of riding at Muenster several times as I have a good friend from Lawton, OK that I visit regularly. It is a top-shelf riding area and it would be terrible to lose that place. Yarbonwick and others...please do what you can to make the owners happy and keep that park open. Keep us abreast of any developments and thanks for posting the news and concerns. If there's anything I can do from Illinois, let me know.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
The best thing to do right now it spread the word. Believe me, there'll be some policing going on when I get there.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Have you posted this at Texas offroad network yet? They since they have a link to the club and a lot of Texas riders there you might get the word out. I to have ridden there and would love to get out there again. There is also a enduro put on there in Nov. that I would love very much to compete in int he future. I hope these people will STOP IT.

P.S. if you not a member over there let me know and I will get the word out.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Done

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…